LegacyGT.com

Brembo's on LGT

Kaos22B

So... if you see the time of this post, you'll realize that A) Im either insane for "wanting" to work on my car this late

or B) I ran into issues....

I had the latter... The backing plate on our cars is oddly mounted and not easily removeable as it is on Imprezas... This made for quite a nasty screeching/squeeling/shreaking (yes all of the above) while moving as it would rub just a hair against the inside of the rotor where the brake pad doesn't even touch:(

So after we came back from our test drive (del taco) where most everyone that was there stared at the car with that horrible nails on chalkboard feeling on their face, we pulled the rotors back off, and cut away at the plate till it was all gone :)

The end result is... Amazing gorgeous Brembos and the car stops the way Im accustomed to :)

If it wasn't for that, the install would have been over in NO time. the parts bolt right on, no fuss otherwise, the brake lines have the bracket to bolt to the struts also.

Im off to sleep...

Just had to rant, pics this weekend when the wheels are clean...

can you get a shot of what you cut out? I am wonding if the area could have been pounded out. I am assuming the backing plate is the thin metal disk on the back side of the rotor, like the dust shield....if that is not what you are talking about, then I am totally confused.

I plan on putting the Brembo's on my car in the spring, so I am curious as to what you did to solve your problem...

and I know the addiction to get stuff done....with a bad back, I HAD to solve my suspension issues this week, and could not let it just sit there. We all have the same addiction here ;)

Are you referring to the fronts? If so, I had absolutely no clearance issues whatsoever? If it was the rears, please post some pics!!! Also, who did the modifications to mount the rear Brembo's? I should be doing my rears, hopefully sometime soon.

I have the Brembo Gran Turismos on my car, the plate could not be pushed away further in the spot that it rubbed (the steering linkage is right behind it).

The rears would be interesting, seeing as how the hubs are totally different then Imprezas, adaptors would be the only way to go.

Oh, now I see! You have the Brembo GT kit, not the factory STI ones. So they must have set you back a pretty buck! But they are indeed one of the best out there, with 332x32mm 2pc rotors. I'm curious, what pads do they come with? What color calipers did you go with?

You have got to post pics!!!

I have the Brembo Gran Turismos on my car, the plate could not be pushed away further in the spot that it rubbed (the steering linkage is right behind it).

Thanks, I am gonna have to look into it, at least I know what to expect. I was looking at the Gran Tursimos as well, front and rear. But then again, if I can find a set of GT front and rears, I will go that route as well. I just want any upgrade for the OBXT, as the stock ones are crap:rolleyes:

I just got back from the game, thanks again man, it was great, they won 6-3 and with lots of great plays.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTAxMDcyNzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTAxMDcyODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Archived