LegacyGT.com

What needs to be replaced?

So we had a lovely water main break a few nights ago and our street got completely flooded. Lucky for me, my car was parked at an angle and the water managed to find its way into my car on the passenger side. There was TINY puddle on the carpet but it looks like the carpet was soaked about an inch deep. As soon as I heard the commotion outside, I ran to my car and disconnected the battery. I have the windows down halfway and the moonroof half open to let sun in and to let it dry a bit. I'm having trouble with one connector on the passenger seat, so right now it's just tilted back with the rear seat belt holding it upright.

As far as important electronics go, is there anything under the passenger seat that needs to be replaced before I reconnect the battery? I checked out some vacation pics and it looks like there's a high speed combination meter under there, but to be honest I have no idea what it is, how to replace it, and how much wire splicing and soldering I'll have to do. Worst case scenario, I'm not above ripping our the entire interior and replacing the whole wire harness, but I'd much rather not do that. I was planning on swapping to black anyway.

Someones insurance should cover the damage. Have you called the city yet ? Have you called your agent ?

I don't believe there is much under the passenger seat of the 05, just the seat stuff.

If you have sub it's under the drivers seat in a 05.

I'm thinking you should be fine. I'd PM m sprank first,

I'm sure he'd be able to help you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thankfully I didn't install the sub yet, I was going to do that this coming weekend.

Insurance is a $500 deductible and it will probably get my car branded as a flood damaged car when I'm not sure there's any damage at all. Of course, if I dry everything out and nothing works, I'll make it an insurance matter, but I don't think that I need to just yet.

Go to a detailer and have them do a steam clean/extraction on your carpet. It will remove all the upcoming smell as well as the water. Should be under $200.

I know from my fish sauce incident (in case you missed that thread search it... :lol:)

Archived