LegacyGT.com

Well, it might be time to let the wagon go!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i drive my 2,5 aut wagon on LPG G3. the mileage is super and pretty cheap without any power loss

ok you'll have the costs of installation but it's something you will earn back pretty soon

selling the car and buying another one will cost you too.

You know what you own but don't know what you buy (problemwhise)

rens

Small cars are the most expensive hot commodities at the moment. You will pay top dollar for one used .

If MPG was our criteria my choice would be 2013 Altima (27MPG city/38 highway).

I put her up for sale in the classifieds. :(

Dude, your wallet may not regret it but I bet you will surely miss the adrenalin rush you are currently getting with your ride. In any case, what are you getting to replace it?

Keep the sub and get a mid eighties honda. will be the most cost effective solution.

1000-3000 for car 35mpg insurance might actually decrease since your daily driver will be only liability and your subi as a pleasure vehicle. plus no loss on selling subie.

Dude, your wallet may not regret it but I bet you will surely miss the adrenalin rush you are currently getting with your ride. In any case, what are you getting to replace it?

Slightly used Hyundai Elantra and dress it up abut from the overseas version Avante.

Slightly used Hyundai Elantra and dress it up abut from the overseas version Avante.

I see. You'll definitely get high mpg with that car. One of my friends has one and he gets close to 40 mpg with it IIRC.

How can we convince you to keep the subie as a pleasure vehicle? :redface:

Sell wagon buy prius C base package. If you're buying a slow car to get 34 mpg you should buy a slow car to get 55 mpg. Hatchback is functional and it's not bad looking. The tech package in it is pretty sweet too, bluetooth iphonew integration ftw.

Or if you can afford to keep the wagon buy a 3k civic and get 35+ mpg but still have your fun on days when you just can't be slow anymore. But that option means you've got to drive for like 6+ years to actually save any money considering you're only getting 15mpg better than your current ride and your immediate loss is 3 grand.

Or you can keep the wagon and not spend 3 grand on a civic and just keep driving it for the next few years and think to yourself "glad I didn't waste money on that civic."

I hate my MPG but I love my car. It's a tradeoff that I've come to terms with. Nothing else on the road (in my price range) does what I want like this car does.

I did just buy a beater ninja 250 though, so my daily commute got way better. At least for summertime.

Leonardo,

I had 90 miles daily commute for 3 years, it sucked and I also thought about selling my LGT wagon because I was pretty much filling it up twice a week (long trips every weekend too).

then I just changed jobs. IDK if you can do the same, but it may be worth the try.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Gas is a lot cheaper than a car payment. Use your head and do some math.

And cheaper than thrills. Calculations indicate you keep you wagon. I'm keeping mine for my really shitty 80 mi commute...left lane drivers...passin' 'em on the right...that's right.

Leonardo,

I had 90 miles daily commute for 3 years, it sucked and I also thought about selling my LGT wagon because I was pretty much filling it up twice a week (long trips every weekend too).

then I just changed jobs. IDK if you can do the same, but it may be worth the try.

Sticking with Disney as their bennefits and health insurance are top notch and hard to beat here.

Elantra does 40mpg and fall less than the Prius.

The old Honda as a second car would be good if it were well maintained.

70 X 2 X 5 (assuming 5 day workweek) = 700 miles a week commuting

Assume what, maybe an extra 50-100 miles per week for non work stuff?

So 800 miles per week.

Current car = 20 mpg hwy

40 gallons per week of premium

premium = lets say $4 per gallon

$160 per week in gas

$640 per month in gas

$8,320 annually

Elantra = 40 mpg hwy

20 gallons per week of regular

regular = ~ $3.80 per gallon

$76 per week in gas

$304 per month in gas

$3,650 annually

Prius C = 60 mpg hwy

13.3 gallons per week of regular

$50.60 per week in gas

$202.60 per month in gas

$2,431 annually

Elantra (New) = 17k

Prius C New = 19k

In the first 2 years the cost of the car is evened out by fuel savings, and you'll end up with a toyota instead of a hyundai. Decide if the hyundai warranty is worth it to you and if you really like the elantra better. Also consider these comparisons are hwy mileage, so if you end up driving more around town the prius will have the win there by an even greater margin.

Really it looks like the subaru is just not the car you should be driving. 8k a year in gas is insane. Even if you kept the subaru and ended up with a car payment your fuel savings would probably even that out on any car up to 20k if you got a good interest rate. In 4 years of ownership either one of those cars would pay for itself with fuel savings. In other words, you will be throwing away 20 thousand dollars in fuel if you keep the subaru as your daily commuter for 4 years.

You drive in a week what I drive in a month. That's crazy man. I could never do it. Props to you for your patience but I'd move or change jobs for sure. A 45 minute commute drove me crazy in the past.

45 miles each way here. It isn't so bad, I get paid well enough to cover the fuel costs, but it kills me to put all the miles on a car I really enjoy. I'd have no problem if I were on twisty backroads but I just get on I5 and set the cruise at 75. It's nice that I have a reverse commute and work in the middle of nowhere; 45miles = 45 minutes door to door.

Sorry you have to let your wagon go, hope you find something that makes you happy.

70 x 5 is what I do. :(

70 X 2 X 5 (assuming 5 day workweek) = 700 miles a week commuting

Assume what, maybe an extra 50-100 miles per week for non work stuff?

So 800 miles per week.

Current car = 20 mpg hwy

40 gallons per week of premium

premium = lets say $4 per gallon

$160 per week in gas

$640 per month in gas

$8,320 annually

Elantra = 40 mpg hwy

20 gallons per week of regular

$76 per week in gas

$304 per month in gas

$3,650 annually

Prius C = 60 mpg hwy

13.3 gallons per week of regular

$50.60 per week in gas

$202.60 per month in gas

$2,431 annually

Elantra (New) = 17k

Prius C New = 19k

In the first 2 years the cost of the car is evened out by fuel savings, and you'll end up with a toyota instead of a hyundai. Decide if the hyundai warranty is worth it to you and if you really like the elantra better. Also consider these comparisons are hwy mileage, so if you end up driving more around town the prius will have the win there by an even greater margin.

Really it looks like the subaru is just not the car you should be driving. 8k a year in gas is insane. Even if you kept the subaru and ended up with a car payment your fuel savings would probably even that out on any car up to 20k if you got a good interest rate. In 4 years of ownership either one of those cars would pay for itself with fuel savings. In other words, you will be throwing away 20 thousand dollars in fuel if you keep the subaru as your daily commuter for 4 years.

You drive in a week what I drive in a month. That's crazy man. I could never do it. Props to you for your patience but I'd move or change jobs for sure. A 45 minute commute drove me crazy in the past.

Archived