LegacyGT.com

Well, it might be time to let the wagon go!

Well, that cuts your gas bill down to $4K a year.

but wow, that's a lot of gas. I commute 6200 miles city a year, but premium is $5.50 to $5.75 per gallon in Vancouver, so I pay $2K a year for commuting...and I thought that was high.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do 60 miles a day, getting about 20 MPG. It sucks, but I wouldn't trade the versatility of the wagon for anything. Nevermind the AWD in the winter of New England.

IMHO, sell it and get a BRZ. Better mileage, still fun. Still uses premium, but at least it's not a Prius.

Could also look at a turbodiesel from VW or Audi.

I've read there's a 200 hp TDI golf coming out soon. That's one of the few cars I'd likely consider trading my wagon for. Everything I want except that it's a VW and no AWD... But I can probably get used to putting chains on again. I need a higher paying job so I can have a 4 x 4 tacoma and a BRZ. I think that would keep me happy.

Yeah, one of the guys here in San Antonio was bitching about the price.. he was getting ready to buy one (already had the loan approved, apparently) and then the dealer tried to mark up the price by 3 grand, stating it was a "Subaru Mandatory Charge"

Our LGT commutes 70 miles/day x 3 days week. My wife manages 24MPG currently and gets up to 80MPH with it. Ours is paid for(since 2006) and cannot imagine purchasing something else is going to save money given ours has 135,000 miles on it.

Yeah, one of the guys here in San Antonio was bitching about the price.. he was getting ready to buy one (already had the loan approved, apparently) and then the dealer tried to mark up the price by 3 grand, stating it was a "Subaru Mandatory Charge"

FT86.com or someplace like that has a list of dealers to avoid, and I think it might have a list of good dealers that don't overcharge you either.

Go with an FRS if you can find it for an uninflated price.

Do you have a payment on the wagon?

• 2 months later...
Sold for $13,800 and so

Etimrs I miss it but with the Smart, I'm getting about 378 miles out of the 9 galon tank, oil changes are every 10K miles, I'm saving close to $300 a month!!!

I hope its worth it for you. You lost a great car... :eek:

lol

Sold for $13,800 and so

Etimrs I miss it but with the Smart, I'm getting about 378 miles out of the 9 galon tank, oil changes are every 10K miles, I'm saving close to $300 a month!!!

I see. But I BET you have a plan in mind (or you're at least thinking about it) to get another car very soon. What will it be? That is the question..

Archived