LegacyGT.com

Im buying a SUBY! but first.....

Hello all, first time poster here!

So, i've finally found the 2010 LGT in white that i wanted, gonna be upgrading from an 03 maxima (manual) which i still love, but im SOO excited to own my first Subaru. I test drove it already, its coming from a private seller (wants to make a couple bucks) right off the 3 year lease with 50k km's on it. If all goes well i'll be driving it in 2 weeks :).

A few things, im planning on buying extended bumper to bumper warranty, and i told the seller i need it inspected. He said of course no problem. But later in an email he explained to me that i should call the dealership and speak to the guy that sold it to him and just get a copy of the car history since its all been done there, so as to save me a couple bucks i dont need to get them to inspect it. And buy the warranty through them.

Should i get it inspected through them anyways? i guess i may have to if there gonna sell me an warranty.....

And is there anything else i should be aware of when buying a used LGT?

Any feedback would be great, thanks!

Welcome to the forums.

Glad you found the car you were looking for.

I'd just make certain that the maintenance is up to standards before taking possession as it would suck to have to do that right afterwards.

Apart from that, you might want to do a search about the banjo bolt filter and decide what you want to do about it -- though since you want to buy a bumper-bumper warranty, might want to verify exactly what is and isn't covered if you want tinkering with the car.

-- And no, I'm no expert - nor do I even drive a GT spec, but I hate stealerships and have read a bit on the boards.

Pictures of my rides;

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr old whip[/url]

Current Wagon

Congrats on your "new" and first subaru.

Now, yes you can get a copy from that dealership but he/she should provide you with it.

It Doesn't sound right though having the seller saying, no don't need to get it inspected as the dealership will have its history. Thats just oil changes etc, not accidents, body repair, etc.

Carfax it online

Go ahead and have a it inspected(sounds fishy)

Warranty should transfer as its a 3 year/36k and 5 yr/60k warranty

Don't have a 2010 so not sure what are common issues with them

Good luck and hopefully it's a good subaru to you

Let us know what happens

If you're worried about the warranty, absolutely get it checked out by the dealer to verify it's stock and always has been. These cars are super easy to get a tune for, and once that's done, the dealer may not honor the drivetrain warranty, whether the tune is present or if it was reflashed to stock. They'll know.

Thanks for the tips guys, im gonna get it inspected anyways and subaru is gonna sell me an extension for the warranty before it runs out. They offered to without even inspecting it.

If anyone can check carfax for me, the vin is 4S3BMKL66A1215418

I know it may sound fishy when someone says you dont need to inspect it but he did offer and is completely willing. Either way i have a really good feeling about this car, the owner is about 40 , apparently never tuned it , its completely stock and looks brand new. He says he washes and waxes his it himself weekly and loves the car, just tired of the shifting in traffic everyday so hes "upgrading" to a C350.

I dont know that much about mechanics but im gonna learn a little now. So i'll ask about this Banjo bolt filter ;)

I will most definitely report back soon, if all is well i will have in less than 2 weeks :)

Yes, synthetic is definitely recommended, especially with turbocharged engines. Synthetic oil lubricates a little better and can hold up to the higher temperatures that it is subjected to in the turbo much better than conventional oil can. It's worth the extra money IMHO.

Get the service records. Oil with the turbo should be changed every 3700 miles. Since the GTs are so rare, the dealer may have performed at the 7500 schedule.

Synthetic was not provided with the 2010s, but required starting in 2011. It' ok to switch. Get them to change the oil for free!

Archived