LegacyGT.com

Almost Impossible to Fuel

I'm not sure we're referring to the same thing here but hopefully.... the part I'm talking about is really just a solenoid that opens and closes. There should be two hoses into it and an electrical connector. One hose goes to the canister, the other likely goes to some kind of air filter. Maybe Subaru's are different but that's what I'm familiar with. Usually the canister close valve/vent valve is located on or near the canister.

• 1 year later...
Just had the same problem. Turned out the vapor canister was loaded with fuel from my practice of topping off...expensive lesson...$455 for new canister & labor.

I have a used one that there is nothing wrong with on the FS threads. Too bad you didn't find it. I only want $75 for it.

Fartin', sorry I didn't see that. Why do you have a used one?...from a wreck?

Same issue with fueling. I bought it off of a wreck that had 5K miles on it and changed it out with mine. It made no difference so I put mine back on and kept it. I also changed the shut valve and that made no difference either. I'm going to have to check all the rest of it and see if I can find what is causing it.

O bought it new in October 2004 and it only has 92K on it. I only drive it about 2K per year and have 6 other vehicles that I use for DD, so it's not a big deal. It sits in my garage (up on stands now with the UP, DP, and turbo removed and doing a bunch of other stuff getting ready to test one of my ball bearing turbos very soon) all winter and basically gets used on track days and a little local driving and that's generally it.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/mi-bunch-lgt-suspension-parts-and-some-other-cool-stuff-215293.html

Some people think this is caused by constantly topping up the car.

Since I started paying for gas with a credit card, the attendants aren't so anxious to round up the fill to the next dollar. And Sunoco and BP both discount the gas for using their card. (In NJ you are not permitted to fuel the car yourself).

Since I started paying for gas with a credit card, the attendants aren't so anxious to round up the fill to the next dollar. And Sunoco and BP both discount the gas for using their card. (In NJ you are not permitted to fuel the car yourself).

Time to move out of NJ. Seriously.

Archived