LegacyGT.com

Tampa/St. Pete Shops?

Rusty9

I have a horror story about Vanquish and my 6MT swap. I was without my car for a total of over 2 weeks and had to bring it back four or five times due to various problems caused by the tech (most notably the broken hub he first offered to weld for me--uhh, no). The tech also replaced some of my bushing upgrades with OEMs... maybe he thought I wouldn't notice. Drew is a nice guy, but "nice" doesn't put your car on the road.

To top it off, my 5MT disappeared and Drew stopped returning my calls when a user here expressed an interest in buying it.

I had similar problems on a turbo install at VSR... I posted about that somewhere here or on NASIOC, I think. It doesn't seem as if anyone could give a damn about the quality of their work. I'd be embarrassed turning out work like what I've been handed.

For what it's worth, Mastro (dealer) has been pretty consistent and straightforward for the few things I've gone there for... of course, you won't be going there for any major performance mods.

Tits mcgee

Damn sorry to hear that, I should have said professional instead of nice. I just had him do the tuning after I had my new turbo and stuff put on at ASI.

Mastro needs to offer custom tuning at their "performance center" then I'd bring my car there for everything. Hell I already have a billion mastro bucks from when they fixed my transmission issues from tampa bay tuned.

Change thread title to "...just go to Mastro to get your shit that everyone else broke fixed..."

Plus they have free loaner car! At all the other dealers you have to rent a shitbox from hertz.

Wow, sounds like you Gulf Coast guys have a lot of trouble in the shops. I hit this area of the forum to see if anyone had mentioned any shops in South Florida.... down here we are lucky to have a shop that deals exclusively with Subarus (WRXperts). They've done all the work on my WRX, and I am taking our newly acquired Legacy SUS there tomorrow for a full tune-up. Sorry to hear about all those troubles on the other coast!

Yeah I'm pretty bummed. I come from CT where we have EFI, ECS and just up in Mass we have Bren. How about performance race solutions in Sanford?

That's funny that you mentioned EFI. Do you know their tuner, Mikey Botti? He is the one that tunes all our cars down here in South Florida. He flies down once a month or so and tunes cars for our club, SoFloSubies. Great guy. My WRX is on a protune from Mikey, leaps and bounds better than an OTS tune.

Archived