LegacyGT.com

How Much do you love Subaru?

Saw a thread like this on NASIOC and thought it would be fun. I couldn't find a thread here like this.

Just one Rule: Dont bash any generation just because you think its ugly. Do you love it enough that you won't go to the completion? Do you love your Specific car, but would consider other brands?

I loved the 4th gen Legacy. Otherwise, meh.

Subaru reminds me of the American carmakers in the 80's - cutting costs, cutting quality, resting on its laurels. But based on the sales numbers, I guess it's working for the company for now.

4th gen fan. I like the fenders on the 5th gen body styles but the trunk (rear end) does not appeal to me. The lines on my car are so much nicer.

The reliability on both of my Suby's is unsurpassed. Better than honda or boyota. Cost of ownership has been extremely low.

Next will probably be a 3.6r sedan. I drove a new Outback last week and it was to "boaty" for me. Had plenty of power, but too much weight in the back end. Pluses for 2013 are timing chains for 4 cyl and beefier suspension across the board.

I still love my car. Almost 5 yrs later and it's still fun everytime I drive it. Can't say that of any car I've owned previously.

• Mega Users
I loved the 4th gen Legacy. Otherwise, meh.

Subaru reminds me of the American carmakers in the 80's - cutting costs, cutting quality, resting on its laurels. But based on the sales numbers, I guess it's working for the company for now.

The Bad:

Exactly how I feel.

I think I would like my car a little more if I was harder on it. Like if I AX'd every weekend, drove it to work everyday, and really squeezed everything out of it.

Lets not have a car debate, but when I compare this to my friends BMW, the quality of the parts isnt even comparable.

If I take my fist and lightly hit the outside of my car door, it feels like a tin can:(

The Good:

Sure as hell fun to WOT all over the highway, especially at stage 2. The front seats are comfortable, its generally reliable, until I have to adjust my FMIC piping for leaks. Cheap to fix and mostly easy to fix, although any semi-in depth engine performance can be difficult for me.

I can see this thread getting de-railed very quickly.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

The Bad:

Exactly how I feel.

I think I would like my car a little more if I was harder on it. Like if I AX'd every weekend, drove it to work everyday, and really squeezed everything out of it.

Lets not have a car debate, but when I compare this to my friends BMW, the quality of the parts isnt even comparable.

If I take my fist and lightly hit the outside of my car door, it feels like a tin can:(

The Good:

Sure as hell fun to WOT all over the highway, especially at stage 2. The front seats are comfortable, its generally reliable, until I have to adjust my FMIC piping for leaks. Cheap to fix and mostly easy to fix, although any semi-in depth engine performance can be difficult for me.

I can see this thread getting de-railed very quickly.

yea i feel the same about the structure of the trim. it feels way to easy to break off. like the black plastic trim around the doors is flimsy and the inside door handles. but if you're comparing to german interior, then there's no competition. i had a mk4 jetta and the whole car felt really sturdy inside and out. it has a much higher quality interior. i am by the way very happy with my legacy purchase, though. it's an all around great car and looks better than over 90% of the other cars :D

i like every legacy until they came out with the 5th gen, 4th gen in my opinion is the best one hands down

the 3.6 is alot better looking than the standards... somehow. it might have also been the color i saw. dark grey metallic

• Mega Users
yea i feel the same about the structure of the trim. it feels way to easy to break off. like the black plastic trim around the doors is flimsy and the inside door handles. but if you're comparing to german interior, then there's no competition. i had a mk4 jetta and the whole car felt really sturdy inside and out. it has a much higher quality interior. i am by the way very happy with my legacy purchase, though. it's an all around great car and looks better than over 90% of the other cars :D

its all jap crap.

I'm happy with my purchase too. Going on 6 years now.

I miss our old benz though. 430E sport edition with the AMG wheels. most solid reliable car ever. TERRIBLE brakes, but man, you could brake stand all over the place.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

4th gen fan. I like the fenders on the 5th gen body styles but the trunk (rear end) does not appeal to me. The lines on my car are so much nicer.

The reliability on both of my Suby's is unsurpassed. Better than honda or boyota. Cost of ownership has been extremely low.

Next will probably be a 3.6r sedan. I drove a new Outback last week and it was to "boaty" for me. Had plenty of power, but too much weight in the back end. Pluses for 2013 are timing chains for 4 cyl and beefier suspension across the board.

I still love my car. Almost 5 yrs later and it's still fun everytime I drive it. Can't say that of any car I've owned previously.

Everything you said except that I like the back end of 5th gens. I'm torn between getting a 5th gen GT or 3.6R and getting an 08-09. We'll see what I end up getting. I do know that I prefer the 4th gen interior over the 5th gen.

As for reliability. It has been great. The only things that have broken was the interior blower motor and one CV boot.

I also agree with the 80s American feel of current subareas. It feels like Subaru has lost its way, and their cars are starting to feel that way. I feel like they used to make a car that they liked and everyone could just deal with it, but now they make a car that tries to please everyone, and it ends up compromising to much and not being something as special as they used to be.

As long as Subaru has decent AWD and good engine choices, I will stick around. Some other car companies like Ford and Hyundai have made strides with engines, but no good AWD choices yet. So for now I am a Subaru owner.

I have to admit, we need these here

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m576/YogiProofta/Likes/1641.jpg

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u450/Fidelamaya26/ebc57fab.jpg

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u450/Fidelamaya26/e1cc6003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • I Donated Too
Do you love it enough that you won't go to the completion?

I go to completion...every time.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/I%20came/grand/I-came-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1359.gif

Archived