LegacyGT.com

The SWP Sleeper!!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
06 are chrome housings, 05 are black/charcoal.

My 05 has chrome headlight housings and I have not changed them... I wish they were black. I actually like the stealth black with cleared corners better...

Nice job with the build and looks good. As soon as I get mine back from AZP (motor rebuild) and EFI (tune), I will post pics and dyno sheet... I hit 320 awhp before the motor build so I am hoping to hit 380+ awhp this go around.

My 05 has chrome headlight housings and I have not changed them... I wish they were black. I actually like the stealth black with cleared corners better...

Nice job with the build and looks good. As soon as I get mine back from AZP (motor rebuild) and EFI (tune), I will post pics and dyno sheet... I hit 320 awhp before the motor build so I am hoping to hit 380+ awhp this go around.

Honestly not 100% sure on the headlights, I like mine with the chrome. I think they go with the swp a bit better. But thats today, who knows a few months down the road ill be looking for a set of black ones. Im always going back and forth...

Thanks, its been close to 3 months of getting the little details all worked out but I am more than happy with where im at right now. 320whp is plenty for my DD, just enough to have some fun everyday haha just wish I had a dyno video.

Have any links to your build??

I dont have any links to my motor build. I wish I did. It all started out because I was burning oil (qt every 1k miles). I had a compression test done by my local mechanic and was told all was good and it was the turbo. I changed the turbo to a BNR 18g. I did 740cc deachworks injectors, matching fuel pump, AEM cold air intake, perrin EBCS, IP&T filtered oil supply line, CNT catless downpipe, IPR top mount, cobb accessport and an EFI tune on 93 octane. On the dyno, the turbo blew on the first pull! The installer said it was a bad turbo whole the turbo company said it was bad OCV's (which I had checked and they are fine). I took the advice of EFI and went with a Blousch 380XT turbo (which FYI an IPR top bount doesnt fit on). Being my top mount didnt fit, I went with a FMIC. Took car back to have it dynoed and all went well. Dynoed out at 319 whp. After 2 weeks I started to burn more oil. About a qt every 400 miles. I brought car back to EFI. They did a compression test and 2 of the 4 cylinders were under 100psi = shot!! So now the new motor build has Wiesco forged Pistons, Rods, Supertech Valves, ARP Head Studs, ACL Bearings, New Gaskets, Honing of the Cylinder walls, 3" AVO turbo inlet, sti oil pump and oil cooler, ACT HD clutch and single mass flywheel, KSTech 73mm intake and heat shield, new group n motor & trans mounts, FMS catback and hopefully perrin 25mm/22mm perrin front/rear sway bars and end links. I dont think I missed anything. I have to go back and get a retune in a week or two. Hoping to hit 380 whp. As soon as I get it back, I will take pics of everything.

I knew I was going to do a rebuild, but if its broke, upgrade. Right?

So thanks to PRE of Portland this lil guy was put together:

Engine

'05 STi Short Block

'05 STi Heads

'11 STi Water Pump

Gates Racing Timing Belt

NGK Plugs

ARP Head Studs

18G Tomioka Turbo

Deatschwerks 740cc Injectors

265 LPH Fuel Pump

Catless Invidia DP

Catless Invidia UP

Perrin Top Mount Intercooler

Perrin Short Ram Intake

TGV Deletes

Perrin Heat Shield

...and a few little extras here and there, was in the little of scrubbing the whole engine down when I took the picture.

Gj on bringing it back to life. How much did all this cost you?

• 1 month later...
So how much does one pay for some 2004 BBS STI's that are a "steal"?

I ask cause I can't find a steal for the life of me.

I picked mine up, with brand new Continental DWS's on them, for 750. The tires alone are about 130 each. So Id say that paying only about 200-250 for just the rims is a steal. Or was in my case at least. I mean Ive seen posts with the rims alone going for that much, let alone with tires. Just got lucky, I had been looking for a set for almost 2 years...

• 1 month later...

Just had some new LCA bushings put in the other day and the difference in ride feel and control is unreal. I highly recommend the Super Pro kit. Not a big difference in road noise at all, which was a major concern.

Our LGT's are prone to this apparently along with the 08 Impreza's and up...

Dale at Boxer4Racing did the install over here in North Carolina, always great service from him.

842947_10151196546142331_38081716_o.thumb.jpg.d75629c6f9d5a6830708955ad9ddd166.jpg

812587_10151196555957331_1535430450_o.thumb.jpg.6e301becd86f0349b5d7d77ca8c9f986.jpg

819136_10151196559477331_429109932_o.thumb.jpg.55420cd90eacf7fab46144385d37716b.jpg

843875_10151196622472331_1163148865_o.thumb.jpg.091657610bbc21953163d3632a272388.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

WP_20130607_007.jpg

...and she is down again. An injector failed in the #2 cylinder and had Cobb look the entire car over unveiling a bunch of other little things that need to be taken care of.

I will be soon adding to the mod list:

AccessPort and tune

Perrin Turbo Inlet

ID Top Feed Conversion Kit

Cobb 3 Port EBCS

NGK IX Spark Plugs

GFB BOV

Tein Basis Coilovers

Group N Top Hats

Cobb SF Intake and Box

Along with some minor changes on the exterior... Hopefully get some pictures up later on.

Archived