LegacyGT.com

stock srt-4 vs stage 1 lgt

You can joke all you want about those cars but I had one new back in 04. It was a stage 1 with some other mods, 20psi......my personal best was 13.1 @ 104.00 mph with a 2.1 second 60 foot time. They are terrible to launch but a good running SR-Pee will surprise you on a roll on race. That 2.4L motor is solid too. Much more forgiving to mod's than the EJ25.

You can joke all you want about those cars but I had one new back in 04. It was a stage 1 with some other mods, 20psi......my personal best was 13.1 @ 104.00 mph with a 2.1 second 60 foot time. They are terrible to launch but a good running SR-Pee will surprise you on a roll on race. That 2.4L motor is solid too. Much more forgiving to mod's than the EJ25.

yea i know what they can do. for the money they're fast and it is a good motor. so it doesn't surprise me, just kinda disappoints me. did you know that the v6 camry's/corolla's ran a 14.2 on car and driver? talk about disappointment

yea i know what they can do. for the money they're fast and it is a good motor. so it doesn't surprise me, just kinda disappoints me. did you know that the v6 camry's/corolla's ran a 14.2 on car and driver? talk about disappointment

No kidding, we do live in a day of performance. Imagine a V6 Camry running a faster quarter mile than most stock muscle cars did back in the late 60's, early 70's! :lol:

I can get my Legacy GT to run a 4.5 second 0-60 consistantly. That was a super car number 20 years ago!

No kidding, we do live in a day of performance. Imagine a V6 Camry running a faster quarter mile than most stock muscle cars did back in the late 60's, early 70's! :lol:

I can get my Legacy GT to run a 4.5 second 0-60 consistantly. That was a super car number 20 years ago!

Depends on the muscle cars there were still some 12 second from factory cars even on those 60s radials but yes advancements have been made.

...or 80's, or 90's. My 1995 Mustang GT (5.0, 5MT) would have gotten crushed by a 2007+ V6 Camry. That is, until I put a supercharged 347 under the hood. Now the only thing a Camry will beat me to is the next gas station after I run out. :lol:

Seriously though, why does a Camry need a be a mid 14 second car? How about a mid 15 second V6 Camry with an extra 5 mpg? Seems like the average Camry driver should prefer that.

Depends on the muscle cars there were still some 12 second from factory cars even on those 60s radials but yes advancements have been made.

True, but the ones that ran 12 second quarter miles did tend to get single digit fuel economy.

update! i improved my 1/4 time to a 14.1. my buddy with the neon bested a 14.48... not bad. i believe the hardest part about the 5speed in the legacy is 1st to 2nd gear. i couldn't match my 14.1 for the rest of the night. the rest were 14.4's and 14.5's. i also got a good lead on where to get a better stage 1 tune. maybe a downpipe soon too. keep it sleeper. i beat a charger r/t on that run as well :D

The Srt4 is a fast car it is unbelievable speed for cheap. That being said, it is a price of crap in every other department. Ugly doesn't begin to describe it. An interior designed by Susan Boyle. And it handles like a mistbushi fuso. That engine in a stripped down formula car would rival an ariel atom. Balls out fast dodge for almost no money but a terrible car to own.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

yea basically, but he's happy with it. he ultimately wants an evo. i'm going the sleeper direction with the legacy. if i wanted a race car, i would've bought a wrx. i still want the lgt to be fast when the time comes.

Dodge made that too^. My dad has a 78 warlock that's black w/ yellow striping. It's a really nice truck. It came with some ludicrous rear gear ratio and a locker. It's a burnout machine.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

• 2 weeks later...
I loved that movie....... Jackie Gleason was great.

"There is no way....NO WAY you come from my lions! When I get home I'm gonna puch your Momma in the mouth"

It was a good movie, but referencing the 1978 trans am doesn't really give the best example of what real muscle cars can do. By that time emissions BS was in full swing and manufactors were having trouble making power. Lets look at some of the late 60s early 70s engines. GM made a 454 that put out 450-470hp in 1969. They had a 350 liter that made 370hp. The late 60s and early 70s were a great time for engines, all of the big 3 had multiple engines making 400+hp. Sure they only got 8mpg city but that is why they usually came with big gas tanks lol.

Archived