LegacyGT.com

stock srt-4 vs stage 1 lgt

according to the 1/4 time that's supposed to be achieved by an lgt, (14.1) and a srt's time of around 13.7, i have yet to see either in person. i got a 14.3 @96 with a cobb 93 stg1 tune and i saw a (slightly?) modded srt-4 best a 13.9. does anyone rlse have similar results? i only did three runs to preserve my car

Need...

bigger...

turbo...

lol i was just benchmarking my car to see where it runs against other cars. i'm trying to keep it light on mods. stage 2 is the max i want to go for power. i'm comparing to an srt-4 because my friend always tells me how much power srt's can gain with x amount of money. and another one of my friends just bought one. either way, if it's faster, my legacy will always be nicer ;) i bought it to last a while

• I Donated Too
lol i was just benchmarking my car to see where it runs against other cars. i'm trying to keep it light on mods. stage 2 is the max i want to go for power. i'm comparing to an srt-4 because my friend always tells me how much power srt's can gain with x amount of money. and another one of my friends just bought one. either way, if it's faster, my legacy will always be nicer ;) i bought it to last a while

get new friends nao

I ran a best of 13.4 at stage 2 with a 6 spd, which has a gearing disadvantage, which i can atest to since i was side by side with my friends '11 WRX who gained decent ground on me during my extra shift. This was with a 1.95 second 60 ft. I had run a 1.8 second 60ft that same night so i could have clicked off a 13.1 i bet if I had a run where everything went perfect.

I bet the SRT-4 is really hard to launch so in real life im sure they are not as quick as they should be without a proper driver

I ran a best of 13.4 at stage 2 with a 6 spd, which has a gearing disadvantage, which i can atest to since i was side by side with my friends '11 WRX who gained decent ground on me during my extra shift. This was with a 1.95 second 60 ft. I had run a 1.8 second 60ft that same night so i could have clicked off a 13.1 i bet if I had a run where everything went perfect.

I bet the SRT-4 is really hard to launch so in real life im sure they are not as quick as they should be without a proper driver

yea pretty much. i crushed him on the strip. i figured that he might catch up a littleways down, but it never happened. i kept and am going to keep my passes to a minimum and not go all out on the launch either. i will do an all-out pass at watefest in two weeks, though against some vw's and audi's

get new friends nao

lol one is a die-hard mopar fan and the one with the srt-4 just wanted a fast, CHEAP car. and sadly, those are the only two that like cars... so maybe i do need new homies lol

If he has tinted taillights he'll get chicks, amirite?

Don't forget the louvers.

I've owned several Dodge's now, and I've given up forever. I used to be a Mopar fan, the more I hung on, the more I realized what pile's they were. Just not built to last.

The new hemi was kind of fun. Dodge just doesn't know how to design a chassis. Or an interior.

lol. tonight we have a date at the drag strip. i don't wanna give him a chance to beat me, so does anyone know the best rpm to launch at? and i have the cobb accessport, so i can set a wot rpm. any experienced advice with drag racing a turbo awd would help the legacy community greatly... by not being beaten by dookie neons

I was launching at 5500 rpm in my car. I am also boarderline on the stock clutch slipping since im pushing 272 awhp and 306 awtq. With a stouter clutch i think a little higher rpm would be beneficial.

I dont know how well you have been doing on the launch but keep in mind that with the AWD you are at most going to chirp your front tire. This means you shouldnt drop the clutch like you would in a car that can spin a little. You need to find the sweet spot where you ride out the clutch just enough so that it pulls u hard but doesnt drop your rpms to low. when your foot finally comes off the pedal you should land right at around 3000+ rpms where your max torque is.If you do it right it should see somewhere in the 1.8 60ft range i would think. Maybe lower?

yea i was doing around 5k, but i let the clutch out a bit early i guess. i came from a fwd vr6 jetta, so this awd launch is still new to me. last time my 0-60 was around 5 sec. should i be able to break into the high 4's? (stg 1 via cobb ap)

i'll race him to 150,000 miles lol. lets be fair, 125,000

Lets be fair to subaru 110,000 miles. :lol: No offense but these are not the most reliable cars in the world. Nor are the worst in terms of reliability but they have there issues.

Archived