LegacyGT.com

3M Brushed Steel vinyl wrap

Hops

Out of curiosity (since I do want to do a matte black wrap in the future), how exactly do you take care of the vinyl? Just wipe it down with a damp MF cloth? Or a full wash with car soap? I'd love to cut down my wash times from 1.5 hrs a week to 20 min or so if I didn't have to worry about swirl marks so much...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Still perfect condition other than some black cone marks, but this car is pretty much a garage queen.

*BUMP* I am curious to know how the wrap is holding up, and where to get it. I love the look of it. Been debating wrapping or plasti dipping for a while. Would like to get more info on this from you if i could.

:p:eek::wub::cool::confused::spin::mad::redface::rolleyes::lol::);)

Wrap vs Plasti dip comes down (IMO) to how much your budget is and if you'll be doing the work yourself or getting someone else to do it. I'm sure there are other things you can factor in, but cost is a good place to start.

PlastiDip - $200-$300 and fairly easy to do yourself

Wrap - $350 - $500 and takes a lot of patience to do yourself. Two people for the install is preferred. if you pay someone to do the wrap for you, expect to add anywhere from $1,500 to $3,000

Wrap vs Plasti dip comes down (IMO) to how much your budget is and if you'll be doing the work yourself or getting someone else to do it.

PlastiDip - $200-$300 and fairly easy to do yourself

Wrap - $350 - $500 and takes a lot of patience to do yourself if you pay someone to do the wrap for you, expect to add anywhere from $1,500 to $3,000

3k isn't out of my price range but I'd rather put that kind of money into my engine for some good go fast parts. I don't have a garage currently so I couldn't, most likely, do it myself. hmm..

3k isn't out of my price range but I'd rather put that kind of money into my engine for some good go fast parts. I don't have a garage currently so I couldn't, most likely, do it myself. hmm..

You don't need a garage to do it, but it would help get out of the elements (wind, heat, cold, debris flying, etc.) I've done my hood and roof outside. I did catch a bug under the vinyl when I did the hood, which I was able to extract successfully. It was a pain in the but though since he was stuck to the vinyl. He came off body part by body part. :lol:

I'll post up a new thread for the new whip here soon

Question.. when you apply the vinyl .. is there anything underneath? I know with window tint it's common to use a light dose of warm soapy water. Do you just lay this on the blocked surface? I've never worked with vinyl before so I have questions.

How much of the vinyl you bought did you end up using to wrap the entire car? I'm tired of fixing up my paint so I'm planning to just get the 3M white pearl wrap and do the entire car. Brushed aluminum seems like a winner for door mirrors to give it that S402 flavor. :D

Archived