LegacyGT.com

My 05 LGT Tell me what you think

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So this was word for word from a email that I got from Dave @ Hexmods. Very disturbing and truth be told...

Here's what I found:

The valve body appeared to be (as far as I could tell) completely stock. I came across zero aftermarket parts or modifications at any significant locations inside the valve body that affect line pressure (there are many). All OEM balls and springs and filters were exactly where they belong. I cannot tell if the valve body had ever been opened, but since it's stock on the inside, I would have to guess that it had never been opened.

The valve body itself was not in great shape. The 5EAT from which it came was overdue for an ATF change. Also of important note, the filter had metal particles in it, which is very rare, and not what you want to have.

I wish I could tell you more, but the person who removed it from the transmission did not follow the directions in any shop manual or my online instructions, so various bolts had been touched that should not have been. This means that it's impossible to tell who did what to the valve body prior to your mechanic having removed it. I cannot tell where your mechanic's work stopped and another tech's work began. So that part is a mystery.

The electrical harness mounts were all bent, meaning someone tried pretty hard to remove them, though they do not need to be touched at all for valve body swapping. That is a mystery as well, but not of any great consequence.

Aside from the metal in the main filter and things a bit out of wack from blind wrenching at some point in its past, nothing jumped out at me as odd or unusual.

05 Legacsti with toys, Efi Logics Tuned, Whitey Built

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

need details on this swap

what was required, how much it costs

spill the beans man

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Will do just have to sit and think with time that is free and pics have to take more when I have a opportunity.

need details on this swap

what was required, how much it costs

spill the beans man

No

I love the hate! Lol

Yes will post those soon but still need to paint it the same color as the car. I picked up the paint yesterday and weather permitting as to what day it will get painted. It is installed though and cut to fit the FMIC.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd376/chchimpy/JDMBumper1.jpg

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd376/chchimpy/JDMBumper3.jpg

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd376/chchimpy/JDMBumper2.jpg

All the parts for the 5spd Manual Swap came from this wrecked in a roll over 03 WRX.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd376/chchimpy/WreckedWRX.jpg

This became the parts car to make it happen. We used the: Tranny, front diff, Rear diff (made out as it turned out to be a Posi diff), Front and rear axles had to customize them and use the 03 wrx axles with 05 LGT ends, Had to fabricate a custom cross member, Master clutch cylinder and reservoir, wrx starter, pedal assembly, shifter, had to add to and redo my custom 1 piece aluminum driveshaft, Went with a Falcon Kevlar Clutch, more gear oil, removed the remote start and aftermarket alarm and turbo timer and I think that was it lol. I need a tune bad as it's throwing a lot of codes. Will try to get more pics...

Kevlar Clutch

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd376/chchimpy/KevlarClutch.jpg

What flywheel did you go with?

I think it's a stock one not sure...

This car is so amazing! I hate that the trans was so screwed up :(

Thanks man it means a lot to me when complimented and recognized. The trans is good now and for sale...

Looks sweet man. I need to get myself a JDM front bumper lol

Well done man.

Thanks bro, I can always count on you to be involved in my thread :) I ruined my last bumper one drunken wedding night back in November. My best friend since the 8th grade. I have 2 of them actually but anyways I was drunk the wife picked me up went to sober up, cam back a couple of hrs later took the car out and made a wrong turn. It was dark and I made a 3 point turn and went to far forward and ran up onto a curb. Being low on coils didn't help either. I lucked out and happen to have a leggy spec B buddy that sold his leggy and had this bumper for sale. Got it for a great price and it came with a lip already. Just painted it today and should have it on tomorrow...