LegacyGT.com

Overboosting (because derp)

iv_05gt

So months and months ago I purchased a infamous tuning tune (along with a bunch of other stuff) I (due to work i didnt have the opportunity to install it).

I worked with Shamar a bit a few months ago, but i'm still overboosting. I don't want to overuse my welcome asking him to re-visit the issue...

I have a grimspeed EBCS, is there any way to adjust the actuator to prevent the fuel cut/overboost code? or do i need to have the tune adjusted.

(bnr 16g, avo inlet, ipr tmic, CNT catted 3" invidia q300 v3, aem cai)

i know... derp question, thanks for your help:spin:

I was over boosting, found a crack in the vacume line of the turbo compressor housing.

Check for leaks. Touch or move every line.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

you need to be a LOT more specific. how much are you overboosting, under what circumstances (weather, throttle, gear, etc.).

if you're still overboosting as in this isn't a new development, i would think that shamar should be willing to fix this issue for you.

I overboost in 3rd, 4th, and 5th. @ WOT at roughly 4k RPM, weather & terrain (hills and stuff) make no difference. The tune was set to be 19.5psi it will fuel cut at anything 19psi < (spikes up to 22psi) If I ease into the throttle and very very slowly bring the boost up it wont fuel cut until 5k(ish) rpm in 4th & 5th at any boost over 19psi.

You're spiking to 22 psi on a tune dialed in for 19.5? I mean, first, 19.5's pretty aggressive for a stage 2. Second, that's too much of a spike in my opinion. You should ask shamar about this.

For what it's worth, shamar did my original stage 2 at 18 psi and I never saw it spike above 19.5 I believe. My current tune that i have dialed in mostly right never spikes above about 19.2 and that's only if I actually try to induce the spike.

edit: oh, doh, you're stage 3, you have a 16G, that's different, my bad.

If your tune has *always* behaved this way, I would say Shamar should have no problem fixing it for you.

email Shamar.
This. If Shamar is not familiar with the GS-EBC it can/could take a few iterations to get the WGDC targeted correctly.

Archived