LegacyGT.com

Rear Camber Adjustment. Whiteline KCA399 install

Got aligned, I was in spec in the back, dead on on the one side and slightly positive camber but still in specs on the other. If I could figure out how to shorten these arms on the car, I'd shorten the positive one half a turn. The only way I can figure to adjust is unbolt one end and spin the end one complete turn. But one turn shorter would be too negative. I emailed Megan racing. If anyone has use the megan racing control arms on anything with the three nut system, how do you shorten it on the car? At least they don't sound like an old bed spring like the whiteline ones did. And whiteline still hasn't sent me another set like they promised. Oh well. I know they make good products but those camber bushings for the upper control arms are a pain in the butt.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

I'm about to put in Bilstein shocks and JDM pink springs so I figure I should pick up this Whiteline camber correction bushing set at the same time. What would you say would be a good middle of the road camber spec for the front & rear...slightly favored toward performance without too much excessive tire wear? -1.5 in the front and -1.0 in the rear?

Hi guys,

I'm about to put in Bilstein shocks and JDM pink springs so I figure I should pick up this Whiteline camber correction bushing set at the same time. What would you say would be a good middle of the road camber spec for the front & rear...slightly favored toward performance without too much excessive tire wear? -1.5 in the front and -1.0 in the rear?

If I had this to do over, and so far the upper rear Megan racing arms are fine, but if I had this to do over, I would not get the whiteline bushings and I would get the SPC rear lower control arms. They allow 3 degrees + or - and they probably don't creak and squeak like a covered wagon. It's $180 vs. $50 but you don't need a press and it's just a lot better way to go.

So far Whiteline promised to send me another set and they have not. They generally have great customer service but those bushings are definitely not a long term solution. They have to be greased every 6-9 months and after awhile they creak and squeak horribly even after they are greased. I've also had the settings change if the bolt is put in front to back on one side, you have to put the bolt in back to front. They also aren't really long enough, with mine on max the car was just barely in spec and my car isn't even lowered. Plus you need a press to get the factory bushings out. I have a press, but if you don't, that's more money to pay someone to press out the factory bushings. That lower control arm has rubber bushings and 3 degrees of adjustment. The only reason I bought the megan upper arms is because I would have had to put my stock uppers back into stock shape before I spent more on a new lower arm. And the stock inside bushings were failing too, so I would have had to buy four stock upper control arm bushings and change them then buy the SPC lower arms.

But starting over from stock, the way to go is the SPC lowers. I'm not saying the megan racing uppers are bad, I just think SPC is better than Megan Racing and just looking at the parts, the lower control arm is straight, the upper is curved. It makes more sense to change the lower on this model than the upper. Plus the megan racing arms don't have the plates to hit the bump stops. At least they have plenty of adjustment, I can easily bring mine in spec with lots of room left to adjust. But that's true for the SPC lower too.

Thanks for the input. Now you got me thinking. The SPC lower control arm you're talking about is part #67665, right? Btw, can you tell me where you got the $180 pricing? Everywhere I've looked so far it goes for around $120 PER arm.

Yes, that's the number. Ebay, $92 something per side. SORRY, that's + $10 shipping, but there is a chance to make an offer, so you could offer less money. I'd offer $82 and see what he does. Also, maybe ask him about combined shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPC-Performance-67665-Rear-Camber-and-Toe-Kit-fit-Subaru-Baja-03-06-Legacy-/131648630616?hash=item1ea6deaf58:g:u3EAAOSw5ZBWQSoI&vxp=mtr S

• 2 months later...

Archived