LegacyGT.com

CV or Hub?

Clunking over slow bumps is end links.

I replaced my oem's with Perrin solid end links. IMO the oem style are junk.

Do you have cut off wheel to remove the oem ones ? There are threads in the other forums about them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks max capacity. I've seen the threads but wanted to just check with you guys before I go buying parts. No cut off wheel but I'll look up those threads and figure it out.
torque impresses girrls, hp impresses flat-bills

• 1 month later...
  • Mega Users
I just went though this same thing. On my way to buy an axle, after diagnosing everything i could think of, i popped my hood and the top nut on my strut was loose. I tightened that up and the sound went away. I bought the axle anyway.

• 1 year later...

Nope. well kinda? I've replaced both front hubs, all new LCA bushings, ball joints, new swaybar and endlinks(aftermarket).

I had one of the techs who works at a dealership here take my car home one night because he lived about 50 miles away. He thought the wheels were going to fall off when he got home that night. The next day they put those little microphones everywhere on the front suspension. They were sure the noise was coming from the strut mount.

So they changed the Drivers side strut mount and I haven't heard shit from that side. They also replaced the drivers side strut for me since they somehow mangled or broke it... I couldn't afford to have both done at the time, especially now, I want to have the passenger side strut and mount replaced to match the other side. Hopefully that will work.

Archived