LegacyGT.com

Buying an LGT soon, would like opinions.

As much as I love the insta-tq in my brother's 16g'd '02 WRX, I'm not a huge fan of the "fall on your face" feeling it has.

For weight/speed reference: my brother's bug-eye made 328whp/336wtq E85, My Integra had no problem outrunning it and making a 4 car gap before 120mph from a 20mph roll and It's 300whp/192wtq

On street tires, the difference is that 1 and 2nd gear are actually useful. I am pretty sure that WRX would smoke your Integra in a 1/4 mile race. I am not expert in either of those cars, but my experience would estimate on the street that a well driven WRX would be running in the high 11's and your Integra would run mid to low 13's. AWD cars are not the best platform if your looking to race on the highway. They have a weight penalty and typically lose an additional 7-8% additional drivetrain loss. Use the AWD to your benefit and race from a dig otherwise you need to make up hp difference if your set on roll racing.

My integra ran a 12.8@107 on 205/45/16 street tires at PIR.

That is pretty respectable time. Something doesn't add up with your brothers wrx, with 328whp he should be destroying a 107mph car. From your story it seems like his traps speed would be slower than 107, so I guess it would make sense why you would think it fall on its face on the highway.

Either he didn't have the boost turned up, the dyno is extremely generous, or someone 'converted' the number to flywheel. I would think he would be pushing close to 115mph traps with that much hp.

Archived