LegacyGT.com

FS (TX) - "spec.b" badge

dr_sharp

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will this help my launch, I am cutting 1.7 60fts right now? Is there a weight reduction between the spec B badge and the legacy 2.5 GT badge? $200 it better suck and F*** me for that amount of $
05 Legacsti with toys, Efi Logics Tuned, Whitey Built

My friend, it is not my intention to sh!t on your thread, but I believe you are offering a used item for sale at four times the price of a new replacement. It is of value to the community to know that there are better, cheaper options out there. It may not be your intention to appear as though you've lost your mind, but, you've got to admit that based on the response you've received in this thread, it does in fact appear that way.

Now, I am no expert on the badges offered by Subaru, but in my opinion, this is all just letters with some double sided tape on the back. When I completely debadged my Legacy GT wagon, each of the letters in Legacy came off separately. When I removed the "Subaru", that came off in one piece, but the badge itself was a bit bent and the worse for wear. You have posted a single picture of what the badge looks like from 10 feet away while it was still on the car. I can find this in Subaru's marketing material. We have no idea what the current condition of the badge is from your info or your picture. If I had to guess, I would say that it was 5 loose letters and a period that may or may not be attached to the c or the B with the adhesive on the back ruined and unusable. The badge I removed from my car is not one that I would reuse or even give to somebody to reuse.

Now that said, you are correct. I completely admit the possibility of ignorance on this point. You may have done a great job of removing your badge and it may all be connected a la the "Subaru" logo from the other side. However, you haven't really illustrated how your spec.B badge is any different (or better) than the OEM replacement advertised. As far as I can tell, you happen to get the letters L e g a c y (which one could just throw away if one didn't want them) in addition to what I believe to be an identical badge to the one you pulled off your car. In addition, it's probably properly spaced for install and has brand new adhesive.

Again, I admit the possibility that I am mistaken in that regard. Can you provide some evidence in how your OEM badge is different or better than the listed new OEM replacement? It is not my intention to mistakenly devalue something of actual value, but I believe a fair market value for the item you are listing is far below the price you have put on it. Perhaps I am wrong though. Please feel free to correct me.

My friend, it is not my intention to sh!t on your thread, but I believe you are offering a used item for sale at four times the price of a new replacement. It is of value to the community to know that there are better, cheaper options out there. It may not be your intention to appear as though you've lost your mind, but, you've got to admit that based on the response you've received in this thread, it does in fact appear that way.

Now, I am no expert on the badges offered by Subaru, but in my opinion, this is all just letters with some double sided tape on the back. When I completely debadged my Legacy GT wagon, each of the letters in Legacy came off separately. When I removed the "Subaru", that came off in one piece, but the badge itself was a bit bent and the worse for wear. You have posted a single picture of what the badge looks like from 10 feet away while it was still on the car. I can find this in Subaru's marketing material. We have no idea what the current condition of the badge is from your info or your picture. If I had to guess, I would say that it was 5 loose letters and a period that may or may not be attached to the c or the B with the adhesive on the back ruined and unusable. The badge I removed from my car is not one that I would reuse or even give to somebody to reuse.

Now that said, you are correct. I completely admit the possibility of ignorance on this point. You may have done a great job of removing your badge and it may all be connected a la the "Subaru" logo from the other side. However, you haven't really illustrated how your spec.B badge is any different (or better) than the OEM replacement advertised. As far as I can tell, you happen to get the letters L e g a c y (which one could just throw away if one didn't want them) in addition to what I believe to be an identical badge to the one you pulled off your car.

Again, I admit the possibility that I am mistaken in that regard. Can you provide some evidence in how your OEM badge is different or better than the listed OEM replacement? It is not my intention to mistakenly devalue something of actual value, but I believe a fair market value for the item you are listing is far below the price you have put on it. Perhaps I am wrong though. Please feel free to correct me.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/98262580/TDK__Why_So_Serious__by_Sanctioned.jpg

^ Why so serious? Honestly, trying not to be too much of a dick to the original poster. Especially, since it's possible that I have no idea what I'm talking about and it is his FS thread. First requirement to being obnoxious ... you'd better be right. LtDan's comment now has me paranoid that I'm the one that's lost my mind and not the OP. It was also an honest request to have my assumptions corrected if they were wrong and validated if they were not. :)

Archived