LegacyGT.com

E85 and long term concerns?

Spec B

That's a pretty respectable gain. So pretty much I will easily be able to get over 300whp. Works for me. This is my DD so I am not looking at going crazy

You n me both man.. Once i have my VB in I will tune for e85 as well :-Dhave all supporting stuff already installed. rawr

So I saw this at the gas station today:

"Warning! Federal Law Prohibits the use of gasonline containing more than 10 percent ethanol in any motor vehicle or non-road engine that is subject to EPA regulations, other than flexible-fueled vehicles and engines."

Does this mean its illegal?

lol

From US DOE.

E85

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/fuels/images/e85-pump.png

E85 is a high-level gasoline-ethanol blend containing 51% to 83% ethanol, depending on geography and season (see Fuel Properties and E85 Specifications). It is considered an alternative fuel under the Energy Policy Act of 1992 (EPAct) and can be used in flexible fuel vehicles (FFVs), which are commonly available from domestic and foreign automakers. Use the Vehicle Cost Calculator to look up FFV fuel economy, fuel costs, and greenhouse gas reductions.

Other than lower gas mileage, motorists will see little difference when using E85 versus gasoline. E85 has about 27% less energy per gallon than gasoline (mileage penalty lessens as ethanol content decreases), but, because ethanol is a high-octane fuel, it offers increased vehicle power and performance. Learn about E85 Emissions.

E85 Stations

There are more than 2,400 U.S. fueling stations that offer E85 to the over 8 million FFVs on U.S. roadways. E85 is available in more than 40 states with a concentration in the Corn Belt states. Find E85 Fueling Station Locations near you.

Does EPA regulate your motor? In what way? Technically I suppose. I mean all those EPA warriors running around pulling you over checking whats in your tank. But even here in Cali (Home of the Smog Nazis) they dont care. CARB regulates, not EPA. Not all roads are federal you know. I would imagine it is one big gray area.

Archived