LegacyGT.com

compression--leak down question

Then, from what you say I should hope for good compression; in which case I would not need to worry about the valves and will have to troubleshoot fuel and ignition related items. Fun.

Haven't seen much mention of fuel. Have you checked your fuel pressure out? Do you have access to logging for monitoring injector pulse width?. Inconsistent or out of spec fuel pressure can contribute to misfires.

I recently corrected a massive misfire issue. Turned out prior owner disabled cell for front a / f sensor and car drifted rich when it failed. Caused misfire from rich conditions.

I don't think this is your issue but I'd check the fuel pressure out and test the regulator. It is a vacuum/boost reference obviously.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got my car back last Saturday. She is running strong and really quiet too. Turned out to be valve clearance being too tight, a bit on #2 but especially on #4.

They rebuilt your heads. So they checked the clearance before they took the heads apart ?

Did I miss a post where you said they checked the clearance ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

They rebuilt your heads. So they checked the clearance before they took the heads apart ?

Yeah. They checked it before taking them apart. They could not even fit their feeler gauge on #4 IIRC.

Did I miss a post where you said they checked the clearance ?

I mentioned it on somebody else's thread(s). Which one(s)? :iam:.

Oh, and did I mention that it feels SO GOOD to have the car back after 6 months of basically no fun driving!!

You should have the car street tuned and feel the difference.

I believe you don't have a Tune in the car, correct ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

You should have the car street tuned and feel the difference.

I believe you don't have a Tune in the car, correct ?

Oh I will, don't you worry. I have my VAGCOM cable ready and operational. I may get a etune from Cryo since I am on the other side of the pond :rolleyes:. Can't wait.

How much did you pay? 150 or 200 for the tune?

I have been using Mike for years. He takes good care of me.

Like most automotive related business, when you find someone good and you become a repeat customer and send them more business, they treat you right.

Archived