LegacyGT.com

98 BG5 turbo swap

Wanted to know if anyone has ever tried a swap from an 05 LGT into a 98 BG5. Contemplating buying a salvage 05 LGT and swapping it over. Any links or post to previous builds would be awesome.

The 05 LGT may be a cheaper initial investment, but may cost more in the long run - you've still got to do a wiring harness, which more information is available for the WRX than the Legacy. The turbo-intercooler-intake manifold design is fairly restrictive in placement, which means if it doesn't line up with your current hoodscoop, you'll have to spend even more to convert to a TMIC that can. Lots of issues like that that will become more important than the initial cost.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.facebook.com/avoturboworld

• I Donated

Second Gen Engine FAQ

Everything you need to know is on that link.

Its stuck at the top of the forum. Did you not see it? Did you look for info before you asked?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Ok. I was told the space under my bg5 hood is very limited when it comes to the TMIC. Any suggestions on aftermarket ones that will fit?

Edit: anyone know of someone that merges harnesses?

• I Donated

Space under the hood isn't a major concern. A WRX top mount intercooler will fit just fine...and I believe its bigger than the LGT one.

VIS makes aftermarket hoods for your car.

You're just asking questions over and over again that are covered in the Engine FAQ

You did not read it or you would know the answers.

There is a guide to a harness merge in the FAQ.

Not go read it and get your answers.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I have read it. Multiple times. Im asking to see what other people have used, how they like it, and any other info they can give me. Chill out.

Edit: and the VIS hood is just a carbon fiber version of the OEM hood.

Archived