LegacyGT.com

So both of my rear tires are worn on the outside edge of my wagon. The outer inch or so of both tires is entirely bald and has been that way since I bought the car. Now I haven't ventured into this too deeply yet and inspection is due this month.

Is this likely an alignment problem or have bits of my suspension finally derped? I already replaced the one sway bar link in the back that was broken when I received the car.

Been that way since you bought the car? Sounds like you got it not too long ago. I'd bet they were rotated right before you got it. While it is possible for rear tires to wear like that, It is far more common for the fronts to do so. Sounds like you need 4 tires (AWD) and an alignment.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

• I Donated
It is far more common for the fronts to do so. Sounds like you need 4 tires (AWD) and an alignment.

If both rear wheels are toed in drastically, it will wipe out the outer shoulder of the tire just like it would if you were running positive camber.

When I bought my old 97LGT, it had brand new tires on it. Less than 10k miles later I had to buy tires because of tire wear like what this guy is having. I did an alignment and my rear toe was outrageous.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived