LegacyGT.com

overheating

no prob up until now...and it wasnt even really a problem...i just wanted to know if anyone was overheatin with main fan still on

and im not pluggin it back in...i have the damn cooling fan stuck on problem

Guest *Jedimaster*
Let the fan run and deal with it dude. At least you won't have to pull over and buy bags of ice :lol:

thats why i still have the fuse in an extra spot, so i can plug it in as needed

you CANT tell me that the cooling fan on all the time isnt annoying....and no it is not a disaster waitin to happen as long as you keep an eye on it

my gf's mkiv supra used to overheat a lot....and it was alright once you cooled it off

Stage II without a cooling fan in the summer.

Please sell your car.

Overheating, then cooling adversely affects head gaskets and seals, DONT DO THAT.

How long did your friend's engine last?

Edit: It also adversely affects, any metal's longevity/durability.

I keed I keeed

Sounds like you need the ECU replaced. This has been documented by others as the cause in most cases for the cooling fan being stuck on. Till then, I'd live with the noise and plug it back in. But that's just me.;)

Brian

both, and its REALLY annoying

i was fine with the fan unplugged cause im never in heavy stop and go traffic...its not like the fan can really pull THAT much more air thru the radiator than when your up to speed

plus with it unplugged the secondary would cycle itself even without the ac on

telling me to sell my car? where did that even come from? thats one of the most juvenile and asanine remarks ive heard in a while....

ive probably been around engines a lot longer than you may realize...

Guest *Jedimaster*

Nevermind. We're overreacing. Guys, leave him alone.

*waits for "Help, my engine went BOOM*" thread* :lol:

Do you work for a Subaru dealership or an aftermarket parts shop?

dealer...it was supposed to be replaced under warranty, but its been more than a few weeks since the request for the ecm...i just asked our service writer and he said he's lookin into it now

i bet they forgot to send the request.... :confused:

dealer...it was supposed to be replaced under warranty, but its been more than a few weeks since the request for the ecm...i just asked our service writer and he said he's lookin into it now

i bet they forgot to send the request.... :confused:

Bummer.

On a side note, I hope they (SOA) can't see if you're car was reflashed (Cobb) once they get their hands on your old ECU. I can't recall exactly, but I thought there was a CVN number or something that didn't read properly once the car's been reflashed back to stock.

Brian

Archived