LegacyGT.com

Gettin my kicks on Route 66

So, ladies and gentleman of LegacyGT, I've decided that I shall road trip in my new car from Minnesota to San Diego towards the end of July in order to see a bit of the country. I've also decided that I shall do this by taking old 66 starting somewhere in Kansas, partly because the 6th leg, through the four courners states, is supposedly haunted as it was called Route 666 for most of its life.

Also, I will be filming the entire trip. I've bought a 1080p webcam to mount in my car and will be condensing it into a 30-ish minute time-lapse, which comes down to one frame every 40 seconds. Maybe I'll go longer and try to sell it to Nat Geo or something.

Anyway, if anyone lives along 66, I'm going to be making the trip over 3 days (two nights) and could use a place to crash. If you're willing to put up a weary traveler, I'd gladly buy the beer. Otherwise, I'll find some crappy motel to crash in and probably turn into Luke Wilson and get trapped by a murderer.

If you live along 66 and don't want to put me up, at least point me towards some cool things that I can see along the way. Please, no worlds largest popcorn ball, or giant coke can (they're already both in Iowa, anyway), just legit scenery and whatnots. Thanks!

True, brokn, I posted this on my guitar forum as well and didn't think to take that part out. They know me better over there, been posting since 03ish.

The tent thing would work, though I might just sleep in my car. The rest still stands - any cool stuff along the way that you know of?

• I Donated

AZ is an awesome place. There is so much cool shit out here.

Since you will be passing through AZ, if you find yourself close to Phoenix let me know. I can take you out on some trails since you have an SUS....I can show you how to use it for what it was made for ^_^

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

I'm on AZawd as broknindarkagain, but I haven't really been very active. I met a few other members at the drift event at Firebird about a month and a half ago, but don't remember who they were.

I've posted my offroad pics there too lol....I think I'm the only one on that site that uses their AWD for off road purposes.

Are you in Phoenix now?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I'm on AZawd as broknindarkagain, but I haven't really been very active. I met a few other members at the drift event at Firebird about a month and a half ago, but don't remember who they were.

I've posted my offroad pics there too lol....I think I'm the only one on that site that uses their AWD for off road purposes.

Are you in Phoenix now?

Nope, I'm spending summer in Utah, working two jobs. Hopefully next time I'm in town I'll be driving my AE86 for a drift event. The Phoenix AE86 guys are awesome. Most of the Phoenix Subaru guys are awesome as well, lol.

Archived