LegacyGT.com

upper tgv gasket install bust p0171

• Moderators
ugh, this sucks sorry man. Keep us posted. I blame it all on the inlet, and the infamous install bullshit that i've heard about.

now you have the decision of what to do... go back stronger and better, or......

Or just get it running again--I think he was at stage 2 and planning to keep it that way, no reason to go overboard on a full build.

I would think your block is going to be in good shape, likely doesn't even need significant machining. You're probably looking at around $2k for a full tear down / rebuild if you can do it yourself.

Sorry to hear about all this, man. Really a nightmare / perfect storm of a situation.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

i blame this on not reading my advice on todays thread saying not to remove the intake manifold and how it is not necessary in order to replace the inlet to begin with!

• Moderators
i blame this on not reading my advice on todays thread saying not to remove the intake manifold and how it is not necessary in order to replace the inlet to begin with!

Man, douche bag #2 for the day.

Why do people feel the need to post these "I told you so" comments...especially new folks.

STFU :mad:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

thats solid advice. I have dont it both ways a few times and its a PITA but it can be done :cool:

canadiandouchebagnumbaone what else can i say??!! lol i just recently did mine and explained a basic idea how I made the job mostly easy without the removal of the intake manifold.

Shit happens and shit happened and ended up pretty bad which is to bad :(

• Mega Users

if it aint broke dont fix it is the moral of this story and many others.

i will say that im very frustrated these motors, the general design and the way things are put together. I have a hard time working on them.

unfortunately barmanbean, I wont be doing any rebuilds myself as I dont have the real estate or resources.

I think you will probably see this car go up for FS soon, as-is, including all the OEM parts that I saved from going stage 2

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Kevin, I have the real estate and tools, I have a trailer but would have to arrange a truck or see if Ryan's buddy who is using my trailer can meet us and pick your car up and bring it here to my house in Tolland. I have asked the GF and she is ok with that if you'd like to do it here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Mega Users
Kevin, I have the real estate and tools, I have a trailer but would have to arrange a truck or see if Ryan's buddy who is using my trailer can meet us and pick your car up and bring it here to my house in Tolland. I have asked the GF and she is ok with that if you'd like to do it here.

you're the man! I'll let you know what the plan will be soon.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Archived