LegacyGT.com

DIY: Replace "wood" trim with "silver" trim

How did you do it? Also, anyone know about the shifter?? Thanks for the help fella's!

1st, remove the radio bezel. You'll see a single screw that holds the piece that holds trim piece, remove it. Then you have to pop out the knee bolster below it and the piece will come out. http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3151624&postcount=42

• 1 year later...

So ive got all the stuff to wrap my interior trim.

My question is how easy is it to screw your door paneling up when removing the trim?

The last car i did something like this was a mazdaspeed protege and the pins were dry and cracked it didnt really go back the same way it came off..

Take off all the doors then behind them there are 4-6 small screws holding those moldings in place. From there its straight forward and just reverse the process. I wrapped mine so it took about 4hrs total since it was the first time I worked with vinyl.

ok thanks guys, would it be smart to leave about a half inch of vinyl to wrap behind the trim in case there is any slip or shrinking?

Would be a good idea to. As for where to start I came to the conclusion that starting at the small points made it because there is a slight angle to them. Also for a pointer made sure the vinyl isnt super cold, its not as forgiving whem working the edges.

Would be a good idea to. As for where to start I came to the conclusion that starting at the small points made it because there is a slight angle to them. Also for a pointer made sure the vinyl isnt super cold, its not as forgiving whem working the edges.

Ok thanks man, ill bust out my gf's blow dryer.

• 1 year later...

Archived