LegacyGT.com

Getting more whoosh with stock intake

UTwrestler22

Okay so ive used the search and i just cant find the answer SO I heard if i get a new intake that i would be able to hear the turbo whoosh better. I can barely hear it now so i wouldnt want to just kinda hear it i want it to be loud and hear it over mid volume of the radio loud. My question is, can i just accomplis that with the stock intake somehow because ive heard a new intake doesnt even give you noticable performance upgrades so why spend the money? Has anyone noticed anything from say a k&n typhoon? Also ive heard of removing the intake silencer but people who do that have issues with idle vibration and weird stuff. Anybody have experience with that or... I guess some suggestions would be great thanks.

You could get one of those Blitz indiction covers. It's basically your stock airbox with the front half missing. But in the interest of performance, reliability, and IAT's, seriously, stick with your stock intake setup.

Are you stock or at stage 2 yet? That will make it more pronounced. Or you could put a mic in your intake tract, then hook it up to your speakers so when the volume is half way, the whooshing should be pretty audible.

My son removed the stock intake silencer from my 05 wagon back in Aug of 2004, I've never had a issue with idle or any thing else from doing that.

I have a Perrin panel filter that was installed at the same time. I can here the turbo, and BOV, I also have catless invidia up/dp.

On my 09 Spec B I removed the silencer and it made no difference in the sound. May be I need to put the Perrin filter in the Spec and take it for a drive...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You'll definitely hear it with a K&N Typhoon. I'm running one of those and kind of enjoy the noises it makes. The pervious owner of my car had one of those stupid Blitz Induction Covers on the car. It made it slightly louder than stock.

Archived