LegacyGT.com

To Wing It or not?

Did you guys see the Japanese Rear Lip Trunk Spoiler? It's a lot better and more subtle.. just like a BMW M5 kind of spoiler, only it has a built-in brake light.. I am tempted to get that one, eventhough it's going to cost $$$ since it's overseas... Keefe
Keefe

I'm in the same boat now. The dealer is looking for one without the spoiler. He didn't seem very enthusiastic about a trunk swap. If we trade trunks with an i model, they just have to remove the "2.5GT" and they'll be the same right? In other words, what's the difference in badging between the i and GT models?

I would say it would be totally the same, just a straight swap. I can sort of understand why they dont want to do that but keep the pressure on till u get what u need. For my current MY01 it took me 8 months to get one on, just constant pressure on the sales guy and when U have had ENOUGH just ring the dealer principal and air yr gripe. Try not to take the car until u have what u want, otherwise like my story, it will take months.

To me thats a bullet dodge, at the end of the day if they want to sell you this car, they will do what they can to get the deal over the line. I took delivery of mine when I shouldnt have really but I think u have stars in yr eyes and U just want yr new ride. Inventory corrrect??? I think that just a fancy word to say, hmmm how the hell are we going to get out of this one boysLOL

I've had my legacy for 2 weeks now and i got a call yesterday from the dealership. The guy told me that there was a problem at the Subaru factory and my car was supposed to come equiped with a spoiler and that they got it in. They told me to come in to get it on and I told them i didn't want that piece. I personally think the car looks more grown and finished without the spoiler.

[quote name='agctr'] Inventory corrrect??? I think that just a fancy word to say, hmmm how the hell are we going to get out of this one boysLOL[/quote] Well, I am sure the dealer can figure something out in the process to sneak away a few items (such as rims) and retype the options list. I was at the Subaru Dealership and a couple of the guys would offer me invoice on an Crystal Gray STi with the Gold BBS wheels. I asked them if they can switch it, but it's not what the inventory is listed for the OTHER STi with the silver wheels (but who's to say that the dealer cant retype up the window sticker parts list to show the correct parts on the car?). I guess if you pay them enough to go through that trouble, then by all means, but normally, the car is to be sold as-is since it's a new car afterall. It's the price we all pay.. you pay for what you get. Keefe
Keefe

Archived