LegacyGT.com

05 LGT STI Tune Results!

I'm incredibly pleased with how this turned out so I thought I'd share. This is a "safe" tune with the following mods:

STI Parts:

VF39 Turbo, Intercooler, Intake Manifold, 6spd tranny and difs

Other relevant bits:

K&N Typhoon Intake, stock gutted UP, stock DP has 1 of the 2 cats removed, Borla Exhaust, NGK 1 step colder plugs, Grimmspeed EBCS, 255lph fuel pump

Final numbers on the dyno:

291whp @ 5750rpm, 324ft-lbs @ 3750rpm, peak boost on run: 18.7psi

Observed peak boost on the road through several logs: 20psi

We were actually regularly hitting 315whp on the dyno, but getting too close to maxing out the duty cycle on the stock injectors, so he dialed it back to 290 to be safe. Overall I am VERY happy with the car now! Many thanks to Daniel @ Church Automotive.

4288_001.thumb.jpg.452f091a2a51817f9a0a3fdbaa0a9da2.jpg

im sure it would. i bet the wastegate loves that big flat plate it opens into.

atleast he has a wicked sick bro red intake manifold now.

Jesus dude go pack a bowl or something! What's with the hating? Not a single one of these parts was purchased by me...

If I were doing it myself I probably would have gone aftermarket with the turbo and a FMIC, but I think the guy who had it before me got a really good deal on the turbo and tmic. The thing I really love is the much more closely geared 6spd and the difs with the DCCDpro controller, makes it feel like a completely different car. I never was sold on front difs until I got my hands on this and had the chance to really thrash it in the canyons. Also love that there is no TC or VSC of any kind to interfere, just mechanical power transfer :). Going full opposite lock on oversteer is ridiculously fun now!

Well worth having the 6speed in there, also no dealing with front mounts if he wanted to go aftermarket with his turbo and has a bigger selection with STi/WRX fitments.

Nice power but seems like a lot of tq drop off. What kind of dyno is this more similar to, Mustang heartbreaker or dynojet?

• 1 month later...
Very nice numbers, my buddies sti blew the motor, i was thinking about buying his trans, rear diff and maybe the brembo's

The tranny and difs definitely transform the car. If you can get them for cheap and won't be killed on labor, I'd do it. Otherwise it can get too costly to be a reasonable upgrade.

Well worth having the 6speed in there, also no dealing with front mounts if he wanted to go aftermarket with his turbo and has a bigger selection with STi/WRX fitments.

Nice power but seems like a lot of tq drop off. What kind of dyno is this more similar to, Mustang heartbreaker or dynojet?

I'm not sure there is actually a lot of torque drop off, I think it might just be the scale of the graph that makes it look that way (it wouldn't look less drastic if the torque curve took up the whole page), but I could be wrong.

I think a dynapack is more similar to a dynojet, generally reading 5-10hp/tq higher than a dynojet.

Swapped out the stock (gutted) DP for an Invidia catted DP, upped the injectors to 850 for the eventual turbo swap down the road. Ignore the thin green line, that was a botched/aborted tune.

Looks like an average gain (just from eyeballing the curves) of 20ft-lbs/20hp, and on the road, the turbo definitely spools up faster. The tuner said I could pick up some more power by swapping the 2.5" Borla Hush catback with something bigger, but honestly I'd much rather have 10-15 less hp and a quieter car instead of a droning brain rattling exhaust. I was being tuned next to an 05 STI that day with a melon launcher exhaust that was ear piercing in comparison, made my car sound stock. I don't need to attract any more attention from the fuzz :rolleyes:.

During the first tuning session we were hitting 325whp (but backed off to 290 because we were hitting 95% IDC), so I'm not entirely sure why we only got to 305whp after swapping the DP and upping the injectors, but I'm not going to keep myself up at night over it.

Overall I'm happy with how things turned out, now I just need to get the POS stock dampers and springs outa there!!!

1022345324_LGT_STI_Tune26-23-12(AddDownpipeInjectorsPump).thumb.jpg.4f9c815647f0d675b85bcfcac0397696.jpg

2136142826_LGT_STI_Tune26-23-12Boost(AddDownpipeInjectorsPump).thumb.jpg.629dc01e35775e33b1bcdddae953c2a4.jpg

Looking good man! I bet you are LOVING the 6 speed with the new power, shorter ratio's and a front LSD are great things. :)

Thanks! The ratios are absurdly short. If I'm in 2nd coming out of a corner from 3500rpm, I need to be ready to shift VERY quickly if i'm at WOT!

1195065304_2005STIRatios.jpg.af2f8d37111faa21b60683df0276dc97.jpg

Archived