LegacyGT.com

HVAC Fart/Whine under heavy boost

A shop I no longer go to installed my x-member and diff bushing and left two screws out when they put everything back together (at least that's my guess). When the next shop pointed it out I drove to Subaru and claimed warranty. I have no way to prove those bolts were ever there, Subaru could have forgot to install them. :confused:

did they give you the bolts?

^^i think my dealer freakin hates me. my car is always in for the same issues over and over, not to mention the fact that each time it goes in it goes in twice because they never have parts in stock. sometimes i feel like they are just giving me a car wash and pretending like they are doing the work.

Had the sound on one pull, but not again. Car felt sluggish over the last few weeks, not really giving me that 'kick in the pants.' Started to wonder if I had a boost leak, found this thread, and sure enough, the side on the TB slipped right off without loosening the clamp, rubber gasket was sticking out, clearly leaking.

Just to be clear, people say 'rip it off.' I wasn't quite sure what that meant. Really, it's a separate rubber gasket under the clamp that wraps round to the inside of the pipe The whole gasket just slips off, and you tighten the clamp down in the pipe directly. It seems like a good idea that keeps that pipe from cracking potentially, but it seems to be a weak link because it is hard to tighten the screw clamp and I think the guy at the factory decided not to do it.

• 2 years later...

I did this DIY this week. Prior to replacing this hose I was pulling 14-15 psi boost w/ the fart sound...

Drove my car for the first time today... 18+psi boost and no fart sound!!

Easier than I thought it would be too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived