LegacyGT.com

Window switch

The rear window, on the drivers side (05 OB XT) suddenly quit operating - does not respond to either the drivers switch or the switch on the back door. Any thoughts on the root cause?

Thanks

Or a window motor. The driver's side window motor went out on my LGT before. Not to hard to replace either, but i'm also a professional automotive technician (BMW Level 1 Master Technician). You should pull the door panel for the affected door and test for power on the wires to the window motor when you activate the switch. If you have voltage to the motor when the switch is pushed, you got a bad motor. If not, it's either the switches or the relay or wiring somewhere upstream. Since BOTH switches don't work, my money would be either on the relay or motor. Hope this helps...

• 7 months later...

Is there anyway to check the motor other than running a couple of wires directly from the battery to the motor?

If the motor checks out good where would I find the relay for the, passenger side, rear window in an 05 LGT Wagon?

I'd rather not pay a dealer to fix this if it is a simple job. I was very surprised that the window circuits are not fuse protected.

Try a reflash first. Really!!!!!2005's heal.:lol:

I don't know why, but I had the same problem. The first reflash worked at first, then failed. The second cured it two years ago.

Go figure:eek:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived