LegacyGT.com

Just swapped in a new engine/ turbo about 3500 miles ago and up until now it has been running great. Today I just noticed that it has a complete loss of power....could it be my transmission?? It's an automatic and I'm not sure when the last ATF drain and fill was, But I am going to do one on Monday. Does anyone have any suggestions or concerns about what this loss of power and grinding sound is when I get into high Rpms? I am very worried, someone please help me out.

Than you all, your help is much appreciated

• Moderators

Check the TB hose connection at the intercooler. I just had an issue with that connection and it sounded like it was coming from the transmission. It made a noise like a duck (seriously) but after having seen it I can see how it might make a grinding type noise as well.

Easy to check also, just remove engine cover and look. The general consensus for my issue was that it wasn't my trans (which I thought it was) since I'm not running at power levels that should lead to trans issues (stage 2 w/ trans cooler).

Hope your issue is small and easy to fix! Also check all the vacuum lines under the intercooler if you don't see an issue with the TB connection.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

That was a weird and somewhat funny sound actually. Thanks for sharing. I'll remember your advice in case this happens to me.

As for the OP, I am with apexjapan: don't drive the car and get it checked. In the mean time, you could also record a video (with high quality soundtrack). This will be much easier for us to help you troubleshoot.

Archived