LegacyGT.com

The Official SMOG Thread

CA - STAR - Test Only

They used the sniffer

They connected to OBDII

Cobb stg1 OTS - Stock DP

The tech looked super close at my BOV and DP. He seemed to be disappointed they were stock. HC virtually non-existent. :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/5uIs7jn.png

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got lucky the first time I went since the tech didn't fail the car on visual. The lack of stock cats gave me out on idle.

I went back in today to the same station after an oil change and the guy that did it last time was not there. The guys there today did a more thorough visual inspection and pointed out the aftermarket DP.

Who knows if I had done an oil change before my first test and adjusted my idle RPMs the HCs would have been under the 100 max. It didn't really cost me anything to try and get it passed with my current setup, so now that I know it didn't work, I'll swap my DP with a stock one, reflash the stock tune and get it passed. Then I'll go back to my Stage 2 setup and probably do the same swap again in 2 years.

Ugh! Glad I don't have to deal with Cali emission-testing any more.

Sheesh. You should hear what CARB has to say about you. :lol::lol::lol:

I heard the air quality index rose 15 points by the time your cars hit SC.:eek::eek::eek:

:lol:

Actually, my cars were/are pretty clean-burning. I love performance, but I'm also not interested in killing polar bears and baby seals with unimpeded (read: elevated) CO and NO levels that I can mitigate. No open exhaust for me.

OAN note though, SC is pretty self-managing and gross-offenders are ticketed and made to fix.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Finally passed. Had the DP replaced with a stock one while the car was getting its timing belt service.

Flashed the stock tune and then failed at an OBDII test station because the readiness codes we're incomplete. Eventually figured out how to monitor those with Torque and my bluetooth OBDII reader, but even though I drove around and went through many ignition cycles, the secondary air code would not complete. I drove back home and it finally cleared after cooling down overnight.

I took the car back to the original test station where they did the sniffer and it came back clean.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/14/d5ee77dcef1a472d9ae9a5d74bae72b4.jpg

Now I need to get my DP back on and return this one to the NASIOC guy who rented it to me.

Finally passed. Had the DP replaced with a stock one while the car was getting its timing belt service.

Flashed the stock tune and then failed at an OBDII test station because the readiness codes we're incomplete. Eventually figured out how to monitor those with Torque and my bluetooth OBDII reader, but even though I drove around and went through many ignition cycles, the secondary air code would not complete. I drove back home and it finally cleared after cooling down overnight.

I took the car back to the original test station where they did the sniffer and it came back clean.

Now I need to get my DP back on and return this one to the NASIOC guy who rented it to me.

now thats a properly working-up to temp cat there.

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived