LegacyGT.com

newbie, looking at a spec b

fysics

Part of why I kept my Saab for so long was b/c of plummeting resale value. Wanted to feel I got as much life out of it as possible after seeing it's value drop so drastically. It also held up pretty well and was built well (fit finish was excellent). Subaru resale value (especially in spec.Bs where there's limited availability) is quite a bit better, although I'm finding with mine I may never resell it - just turn it into a weekend project car for the long haul!

Chris, the mileage is definitely a consideration, I'll be curious to see what I get. I used to pull 29mpg on the highway with a 35mile commute but it's more like 24.5 now that I have a mixed city/rural route ride in (plus only 11miles). I agree that the Spec B is checking all the boxes I'm looking for better than the other options I've considered in the last 3 months or so I've seriously been looking.

Solid advice about the resale value Catalyst, hadn't really looked at it that way about the Saab. I've certainly gotten my moneys worth with that.

Here's a few shots for old times-sake :)

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2333/2155528226_4f41776e75_z.jpg?zz=1

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2014/2154731351_ce4e1ed979_z.jpg?zz=1

well I started off asking questions and ended up with this! thanks for the help folks, I'll be sure to be posting in the other forums as I run into more :lol:

all that's left for me now is to find some twistys this weekend!

IMAG3589.thumb.jpg.cea9d46b4f4111d6cbf8673dd02bc0c9.jpg

Congrats! Glad it worked out for you...now avoid this forum like the plague before you start spending $$$ on mods!

Ha, I've been scheming since before the purchase, not quite clear what I can do with the warranty, but as long as it's stock when the dealer has it in right?:cool:

:cool:

I started an Excel spreadsheet to track my mod plan the day I brought mine home based on reading here. Anytime something good came up I'd add the part, price and potential sources. Not so sure if this is a good idea - it became quite long within days. :lol:

Archived