LegacyGT.com

Should I go Spec B

loganpk

I'm a new member looking at buying a legacy gt very soon!! My only problem is i really want a spec b. I can afford up to $25,000 but i want one with under 50K on it. But my main question is.....is the upgraded suspension and interior detail worth all the hassle. Also im really looking 06-09...like that body better than the new fat ones. Thanks for any input!!!

i think you can find one for about that easy. its not just suspension & interior btw (too lazy to list all) but the biggest thing is the 6 spd tranny. heres a pic of my friends spec b below.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=92852&d=1290667885

The B stands for bilstein which are the shocks and very good. The spec.B unlike the LGT has a 6 speed STI tranny and R180 rear diff, larger rotors & calipers, NAV, 18" wheels, bilstein shocks, different 2 tone seats and door cards. I am sure there are a few other extras but I believe I listed the most important ones. The spec.B was only made from 2006-2009 in 2006 they only made 500 the other years they made more I am just unsure of how many. (thanks to CT08Spec.B )

---------------------------------------

aluminum control arms, Bilstein dampers and a 6speed transmission from 07 up. The first Spec B's 06 model year, came with red leather seats and a 5 speed. The later ones came with Black leather and blue alcantara inserts. Power wise they're the same as a regular GT and they also came with 18" wheels (thanks to Subyduby-doo)

(not sure on rotor size & calipers, think they're the same as LGT)

I don't know. All I ever see is when someone says "oh the 07 Spec B got the STI tranny", they usually get flamed down that they're not the same. It may be a mystery.

The '06 has an EJ255, not the STI block. The only problem Spec B's have is the same problem every LGT base has, finicky, must be highly taken care of turbo engine. You just gotta watch what you buy. Always get a compression test done to whichever car you're interested in and thoroughly test drive it.

Well thats because that is wrong. I think the biggest difference is DCCD and gearing (among other differences). I could be wrong though as well as I haven't looked into the differences much because I don't care too much :lol:

The '06 has an EJ255, not the STI block.

I think he was saying after '06. Either way no leggy has an STI block from the factory.

The only problem Spec B's have is the same problem every LGT base has, finicky, must be highly taken care of turbo engine. You just gotta watch what you buy. Always get a compression test done to whichever car you're interested in and thoroughly test drive it.

In other words model years 05-09 are the problem models :lol:

I think the 06 had the actual STI motor block.

Nope. He meant the '06 lol. Probably because that was the oh so cool limited to 500 year.

And yes, 05-09 are all bad moves unless you find an untouched '09.. Even then, careful driving it up to 20,000 miles.. The oil pickup may snap.

No what has become common knowledge is that you need to take care of your car in order to ensure that reliability. Without proper OCI's and the correct services (30k, 60k, 90k, etc.) you run a much higher risk of failure.

I'm not worried about traveling to get it. Ill chase one down lol! The one posted earlier on this thread is sweet but I'm really trying to find one less modified. Want to build it myself ya know? I think it said 372hp!?! That's beast on stock block.

Archived