LegacyGT.com

Raptor Supercharger H6 OUTBACK MY08

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

if that was me i would retrofit 6speed spec b tranny in here and rear diff

i worried about tranny but big props for a great job ! i love it but please post some more videos of the sound of it when driving and reving ? outside and inside and please a bit better quality of the videos

Not a great image but another one nearly complete at end of Dec 2012

9psi intercooled. Owner heat wrapped everything to his particular style

It made about 315hp at wheels before intercooler installation. Dyno Dynamics type dyno

Wait... at 9psi without the IC... you made 315whp? Sooo this SC adds about 90-100 whp? Thats incredible. And here I am boosting a 2.5 at 20psi to get that. Well done!!!!!!!!

Was just working on another one a few minutes ago

Yes the 3.0 can make a lot of power very easily - quite efficient engine

How much do the Raptor headers make, either paired with the supercharger or stock?

Also, where is a good place to get tuned if you have an H6? US preferred.

You might post in the SoCal regional forum.. any tuning shop should be able to tune it.

Really??? Haha that would be great; if the H6 is really that similar to the H4, I should be fine.

This is a long-term question, so I won't post just yet.

Any open source tuner can do it, or can email the tune for you to upload with a Tactrix open port

Headers dont make a lot of gain around the area of peak power, maybe 6 hp, however when you rev the engine all the way to 7000 there can be gains of 30hp!! Just makes the car pull harder for longer. Thats in NA. Much more for forced induction

Any open source tuner can do it, or can email the tune for you to upload with a Tactrix open port

Headers dont make a lot of gain around the area of peak power, maybe 6 hp, however when you rev the engine all the way to 7000 there can be gains of 30hp!! Just makes the car pull harder for longer. Thats in NA. Much more for forced induction

Well paired with a 5MT, I could see the EZ30 being a very responsive engine, and I think it would receive the headers and possibly a full header-back exhaust very well, when combined with a tune. The 4EAT was a bit late for the short bus if you know what I mean, and I've heard the EZ30's do well when the breathe well. If I were to do these things to my OB, I would likely then focus the rest of my money on handling (coilovers, sway bars, brakes, chassis stiffening and bushings, etc.).

Or if I won the lottery tomorrow, I could just go for this awesome turbo setup!!! http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2003924

• 1 year later...
bump

This would go great on a UK 3 spec B with the STi derived 6MT

How does it work with the Si drive?

The easiest way to confirm would be to contact Raptor directly.

Regarding SI Drive - From my understanding that simply "retards" the throttle response but it should still work as advertised if the engine was SC.

In the SI-Drive tuning, you are just affecting throttle response. The SC is a manual system and you will not get the effects like in an STI with SI-Drive selection.

Effects such as cutting boost based on the SI-Drive selection is not possible, but as Raptor states below, full throttle response.

SI Drive is for the most part just 3 settings related to throttle response.

You can do all kinds of adjustments, for the C# we go for full throttle opening when throttle peddle is depressed 30% of its travel, man you get response!!!

Really, you just tell your chosen tuner what you want and thats how it will be for you

Well paired with a 5MT, I could see the EZ30 being a very responsive engine, and I think it would receive the headers and possibly a full header-back exhaust very well, when combined with a tune. The 4EAT was a bit late for the short bus if you know what I mean, and I've heard the EZ30's do well when the breathe well. If I were to do these things to my OB, I would likely then focus the rest of my money on handling (coilovers, sway bars, brakes, chassis stiffening and bushings, etc.).

Or if I won the lottery tomorrow, I could just go for this awesome turbo setup!!! http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2003924

Well I am working on a Turbo 2009 H6. So once the data is in, one can compare it to the SC. Just do a search for "Mapping the H6 EZ30 & EZ30R Gen 2+ for Turbocharging" to keep posted.

All I can say, the owner stated, "its a very expensive job in the fabrication. Its much easier to go with a SC".

Raptor can produce SC's to run up to 20psi. SO anyone wanting to run up to 14psi is also readily available from there current release Intercooled SC Kit.

SI Drive is for the most part just 3 settings related to throttle response.

You can do all kinds of adjustments, for the C# we go for full throttle opening when throttle peddle is depressed 30% of its travel, man you get response!!!

Really, you just tell your chosen tuner what you want and thats how it will be for you

OK that makes sense, just a throttle calibration change

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Valadares,

I'm shopping for a 3.0 Legacy/Outback to build a similar project.

I'm going to be using an Eaton m90 supercharger and fabricating my own manifold and ducting.

Building the parts is easy for me, I'm good at fabricating and welding But, I know very little about tuning and don't have access to a dyno...

Would you be willing to share your tune files for the motor and transmission? That would be really awesome...

Archived