LegacyGT.com

Anyone have a 3" DP to stock CBE? Need help tracking down exhaust noise.

paintpollz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users
What type of gaskets did you use? If you used the cheap ones with a filler they blow out really easy. I always use exhaust gaskets from subaru

ok. but im still not sure what you mean, exhaust gaskets? mine are OEM gaskets. my exhaust doesn't leak anywhere. It had nothing to do with the drone. the fmic did.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• 4 months later...

in relevance to this thread, I have a dp/midpipe leak and i bought the grimmspeed adapter 3' to 2.5. Is this hard to put in? how long should it take a shop to do it?

Also is it possible to lose a couple Psi of boost with a leak that far from the turbo?

I wouldn't expect a post-turbo exhaust leak to have much impact on boost at all.

A shop should be able to install this in a matter of minutes. You could do it in under an hour if you have a jack, stands, and a couple wrenches (12mm and either 14 or 10mm).

in relevance to this thread, I have a dp/midpipe leak and i bought the grimmspeed adapter 3' to 2.5. Is this hard to put in? how long should it take a shop to do it?

Also is it possible to lose a couple Psi of boost with a leak that far from the turbo?

Leaks downstream from the turbo are more likely to increase boost, especially on cars with larger turbos and / or more restrictive exhausts.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived