LegacyGT.com

Price for 2005 LGT Wagon with rebuilt title?

You got a clean LGT with 35k miles on it for 6500 bucks?? :eek:

Or you meant the LGT was 13000$ but you ended up paying 6500?

ahh, I should have re-read what I typed before I hit submit lmao!

I meant I sold the salvage impreza for $6500 with 35k miles on it to the dealer, as a down payment for the legacy which was 14k.

Anyways, yes the dealer purchased my rebuilt title car because they found a buyer for it before I even sold them the car, only reason they took it off my hands.

ahh, I should have re-read what I typed before I hit submit lmao!

I meant I sold the salvage impreza for $6500 with 35k miles on it to the dealer, as a down payment for the legacy which was 14k.

Anyways, yes the dealer purchased my rebuilt title car because they found a buyer for it before I even sold them the car, only reason they took it off my hands.

aaaaaaah I see now :).

By the way, OP where was the car hit?

Left side passenger door.

Interesting that they still totaled the car. Can you tell it has been repaired? Have you driven the car yet to see if it pulls in either direction?

IMHO, I'd say cars totaled where the engine bay was not involved in the accident is not as much of a worry than if the engine got damaged. There's still a risk of course but not as worrisome I think, especially if you will do a thorough inspection of the vehicle by you and a mechanic.

Interesting that they still totaled the car. Can you tell it has been repaired? Have you driven the car yet to see if it pulls in either direction?

IMHO, I'd say cars totaled where the engine bay was not involved in the accident is not as much of a worry than if the engine got damaged. There's still a risk of course but not as worrisome I think, especially if you will do a thorough inspection of the vehicle by you and a mechanic.

I cannot tell it has been repaired and I didn't notice any pulling during my test drive.

The seller said an airbag deployed during the collision, so that probably factored into the totaled status.

That being said, I'm nervous about airbag problems, especially after the other member's story. Definitely on the list of things to check out tomorrow morning!

Reminds me of my car except right side!

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae142/leviman2001/DSC_0032Small-2.jpg

I paid 5200 for my car as you see it in the picture. I'd say 7k seems fair for a rebuilt LGT wagon. I could probably sell my 2.5i (now repaired) right now for more than that up here in Alaska with a reconstruct title.

I cannot tell it has been repaired and I didn't notice any pulling during my test drive.

The seller said an airbag deployed during the collision, so that probably factored into the totaled status.

That being said, I'm nervous about airbag problems, especially after the other member's story. Definitely on the list of things to check out tomorrow morning!

^the other member is me :). You should not be afraid with the airbag system. As I previously said, if the red airbag warning light stays on for about 7 seconds and then turns off when you turn the car on, then you will be just fine. The light stays on for 7 sec because the airbag module is checking the whole system to make sure everything is in correct order. If there is no light at all when you turn on the car, then they hid the light (bulb cannot go out cause it's not a bulb! it's an LED). If there is something wrong, then the light will always stay on. So not hard to check.

Once again, if you can't tell the body repairs + the airbag system is fine + the car does not pull on either side + report from mechanic is an OK, then that sounds like a good deal to me.

Leviman, how many miles were on it at time of collision/purchase?

somewhere in the 56k region (like the internet). It's up to 59k now. The last thing I need to sort out is the airbag system. Which is fairly straightforward, it just costs more money:spin:

somewhere in the 56k region (like the internet). It's up to 59k now. The last thing I need to sort out is the airbag system. Which is fairly straightforward, it just costs more money:spin:

so I am guessing your light stays on? You will probably have to change one of the airbags which popped (which I assume they've already changed). If they changed it and your light still stays on, that's probably because the airbag control module needs to be reset (located below the HVAC). Dealers will tell you that you can't reset it--will have to change it (500 bucks I think). But there are small companies on ebay who ask you to send them your module and they reprogram it for you at a very low price.

so I am guessing your light stays on? You will probably have to change one of the airbags which popped (which I assume they've already changed). If they changed it and your light still stays on, that's probably because the airbag control module needs to be reset (located below the HVAC). Dealers will tell you that you can't reset it--will have to change it (500 bucks I think). But there are small companies on ebay who ask you to send them their module and they reprogram them for you at a very low price.

Well, went and looked at the car again. The airbag light won't turn off now, and he has already replaced the module and harness, indicating some other wiring issue. Dealer quoted him $2K to tear stuff apart and fix it. On second inspection, I also feel that the body work could have been a little better. I think they simply banged out the door instead of replacing it.

Anyways, I offered $6K and he declined, so I guess that's that... I do love the way the 05' LGT wagons drive, so I hope to find the right one someday.

Well, went and looked at the car again. The airbag light won't turn off now, and he has already replaced the module and harness, indicating some other wiring issue. Dealer quoted him $2K to tear stuff apart and fix it. On second inspection, I also feel that the body work could have been a little better. I think they simply banged out the door instead of replacing it.

Anyways, I offered $6K and he declined, so I guess that's that... I do love the way the 05' LGT wagons drive, so I hope to find the right one someday.

^I am glad you checked the airbag warning light. I think 2K is a little excessive. They can retrieve codes from the airbag module for like 100$ before tearing stuff apart (but yeah, just to plug their 15000$ device to retrieve codes :mad::mad:).

Well then, if they don't want to sell it to you for 6K, too bad for them. Hopefully you'll find another LGT. Good luck.

Personally I wouldn't buy a salvaged car. I worked as a claims adjuster and I saw what happens to the value of cars with branded titles.

If I were to consider this car, it would have to be under $7k. If something happened and you crashed it, you're on the hook for repairs. Many insurance companies won't give you full coverage on a salvaged car. And if someone else hits you, their insurance will likely just total it again and give you a pittance.

Also, if you decide to sell it, you'll have a hard time getting rid of it.

But, if you keep it and it stays intact, you could have a good deal. It comes down to how comfortable you are taking the risks.

In my experience settling total losses as an adjuster a salvage or branded title marks the market value down about 25-30%

^I am glad you checked the airbag warning light. I think 2K is a little excessive. They can retrieve codes from the airbag module for like 100$ before tearing stuff apart (but yeah, just to plug their 15000$ device to retrieve codes :mad::mad:).

Well then, if they don't want to sell it to you for 6K, too bad for them. Hopefully you'll find another LGT. Good luck.

Thanks! Well, $2K was for digging apart the car to try and find the wiring problem I think.

In my experience settling total losses as an adjuster a salvage or branded title marks the market value down about 25-30%

I do think it varies some. This car was probably a good deal for the right person, but personally, I didn't want to sink time or money into fixing the electrical problem.

Trade-in according to Edmunds.com is $8k in good condition on this car.

$7k seems awfully close to a trade-in value. Bargain, $6k seems like a deal to me.

Think he already sold it at $7... Ah well. I'm okay with missing out at that price in light of the history and problems.

Archived