LegacyGT.com

Best Exhaust rumble

Magnaflow for sure..I'm running my Magnaflow cbe and a stock sti uppipe, soon to have an invidia catless divorced wastegate dp and be stg 2..but for now just the mags and up..she's got a decent drone on the highway, but imho its worth it with how it sounds and the looks from people admiring, but to each their own..and if you have your music playing you don't notice it as much, especially if you have your bass up a bit

^The magnaflow is somewhat booming on the highway. A in-line resonator in the straight pipe would quite that right down. Personally I think it sounds AMAZING with the oem DP. I can see how it might be too loud with a aftermarket DP re: highway drone.

Oh man you guys are saying drone will increase with an aftermarket DP?

So I should plan for a resonator when I finally go stg 2? I really like the volume and stealth look of my dirty prodrive mufflers. This guy yesterday caught me at a light and asked me if I had an exhaust or if it came sounding that good. Never had compliments on any car the way I do with my wagon :)

^^ The oem downpipe may be good for quietness, but it's really weak for actual power.

I was talking about running just the open down pipe. It just has that raw boxer sound. You are correct though. Power wise its crap.

I was talking about running just the open down pipe. It just has that raw boxer sound. You are correct though. Power wise its crap.

are there any actual power gains from an aftermarket CBE at stage 2?

are there any actual power gains from an aftermarket CBE at stage 2?

not noticeable gains at least. your power gains at stage 2 come from opening the flow of exhaust with a more efficient downpipe. Stock CBE, much like the stock intake have been proven to be very efficient. You would only "need" a 3" cbe if you were running a turbo big enough to push a high amount of exhaust. other than that at stg 2 cbe is for sound.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived