LegacyGT.com

White Flint Fitzgerald Service issue

Brink4422

I took my 05 LGT in for AC service. I always reset the odometer and flip the console cover to cover the boost gauge when I leave it some place.

When I get the car back, it has 20.4 miles on it and the MPG (which resets with the odometer) was at 10.5mpg. 10.5!!!!! I don't think I could get it to show 10.5 if I tried. I would stay away from Fitzgerald White Flint if you need anything that needs a test drive.

What would you do in this case? I called and they said they would investigate, but I haven't heard anything back.

That is the worst dealership in the world.

Annapolis Subaru did the same thing in my car. They put 40+ something miles on it, when I dropped it off to be detailed for the second time because they put greasy handprints all over the interior while replacing the sunroof track.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

This is the Social Media Department at Fitzgerald's. How can we help you? Get back to us at socialmedia@fitzmall.com. Thanks.

You can help by not telling us to get back to you at an e-mail address, but rather keeping active on this forum. That might be of greater use if you and your company actually intend on improving the poor excuse of a service department you have.

You can help by not telling us to get back to you at an e-mail address, but rather keeping active on this forum. That might be of greater use if you and your company actually intend on improving the poor excuse of a service department you have.

:lol: Their post got deleted.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

"Hi. I'm with the social media department. Would you mind doing my job for me?"

It's funny because I can see the service reps saying that. One time they tried quoting me $280 to tighten the two uppipe-manifold bolts.

Their reasoning?

They had to take off the undercover. When I left, I paid a total of $40 dollars. $39 for them finding the leak, $1 for them tightening the bolts.

I wish they would stop acting like they invented Subarus and know everything about them. It's not ethical to prey on customers who may not necessarily know about their cars.

I'm sure they'd find a replacement from another customer car :p

*they being figurative. I hereby do not insinuate any reference hereto to any dealership. I have never taken my car into a dealer for service other than a tire balance, which they ended up not performing due to bent wheels.

Take off the shift knob. Its annoying as **** to drive without one.

Toss a lug nut on the shaft, and it's much less uncomfortable.

For work that requires no test drive, I note the mileage on the ticket.

I also put my car in I-mode. If it's no longer on I-mode when I get back in it, I know someone was having too much fun.

Here's their response for me:

The Tech went out on a 20 mile drive to test the AC, then he left the car idling for 45 minutes with full AC on to check the system, resulting in the loss of MPG on your trip computer.

Unacceptable. That is not the proper way to check AC function.

45 Minutes on idle?!?!?! Do they also own a gas station so that they can fill up the amount of gas that they've burned with their stupidity?

Idling= poop mpg ESPECIALLY with the AC on full blast.

Unacceptable. That is not the proper way to check AC function.

A set of pressure gauges, working eyeballs and a thermometer are really all you need.

Now if you went in with the complaint of A/C not working after long drivetime.. i could see the 20 mile test drive or 45 minute idle being necessary IF they couldnt verify anything initially. Thats a big if.

Archived