LegacyGT.com

Connector locations (OEM NAV)

winnipegsubaru

Just wondering have you guys had any problems when this is all wired up that the Airbag light stays on?? Mine is due to the fact there is a Connection for the Passengers seat and the Clock to let me know if it is working or not. Also anyone figure out the audio?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The audio should work with the black connectors that should go to the CD changer port on the OE head unit -bottom right corner looking at the back...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/hoojamyflip/Legacy%20Twinscroll/Subaru%20Parts/GX%20201JE%20head%20unit/IMAG1127_zps1edbcf12.jpg

This is with something else plugged in - but you can see the port...

The loom is just a straight set of wires going from one plug to the other - I retreived it from the car being broken that I got my NAV unit from...

HTH :D

I can see that. Mine is not wired up like your guys. It's all ghetto rigged right now. I will have connectors sometime next week. Anyway. Can you take pictures of both the Sockets on the Radio and the Navi Screen of what goes where. That is all I need is a PIN-OUT of the 20pin. Once I get that I will be a little better off. If anyone has info reguarding what Pins go to what that would help. Much like the diagram you guys made saying that ILL is this pin on the back of the screen and such. Also has anyone done anything to get ride of the AIRBAG light on the dash. Since I removed the clock it has stayed on.

That is all I need is a PIN-OUT of the 20pin. Once I get that I will be a little better off. If anyone has info reguarding what Pins go to what that would help. Much like the diagram you guys made saying that ILL is this pin on the back of the screen and such.

Are you asking for a pinout of the 20 pin connector on the back of the head-unit? What radio are you using?

Are you asking for a pinout of the 20 pin connector on the back of the head-unit? What radio are you using?

Yes I am asking for that. I would like to find out for info to wire up to an 05 HU but I am rocking the P-204UH(08)hu so I know it's match and match witch makes it nice. I just would like to do a writeup for some of the people wanting to put a navi in a bone stock 05-06 car with the non AUX radio. I think I found out what does what. I have to look at the Manual again and verify that I have all the info I need. The MOST IMPORTANT thing I want to try and trace down is the Dredded AIRBAG light and how I would go about getting that to work correctly again. I think I have the wire down just don't want to pull the navi back out just yet.

hmm... I thought I posted yesterday... I must have closed before I submitted. Sorry.

If you are in a LGT you have the auto climate controls, and the audio from the nav system will enter your head unit via the 8pin i88 connector

Pin-out (with Nav):

Pin Function OEM wire color

1 +12V Ignition (On/Run) Green/Orange

2 Navi. Signal – Red/White**

3 TX Data* White/Black

4 Navi. Signal + Red/Black**

5 Chassis Ground Black/Yellow

6 Navi. In Red?**

7 RX Data* White

8 Navi. Beep Green**

For more info take alook at this thread

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2469279&postcount=3

hmm... I thought I posted yesterday... I must have closed before I submitted. Sorry.

If you are in a LGT you have the auto climate controls, and the audio from the nav system will enter your head unit via the 8pin i88 connector

Pin-out (with Nav):

Pin Function OEM wire color

1 +12V Ignition (On/Run) Green/Orange

2 Navi. Signal – Red/White**

3 TX Data* White/Black

4 Navi. Signal + Red/Black**

5 Chassis Ground Black/Yellow

6 Navi. In Red?**

7 RX Data* White

8 Navi. Beep Green**

For more info take alook at this thread

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2469279&postcount=3

Thanks. Now just to find out how to deal with the Airbag Light.

THANKS for the Link I've been looking for that damn thing all along.

• 4 weeks later...
I am not going this route no more. I have disabled most of the clock minus the SRS system that runs through it. It's saving me that extra $150 for the relocate and i'll be keeping my OEM look with the cig lighter and such. But who knows maybe ill change my mind down the road sometime. As for PART NUMBER I don't have it just do a search on Japanparts.com and go into the interior section you'll see it.

• 3 months later...
Great post here,thanks to the guys who took the time to do this.I have a question.I have a 2005 outback.I added the navigation system,and everything works great, except the buttons on the nav system don't light up.When I turn the head lights on the screen gets darker,but the buttons don't light.Any suggestions?

uhhh that's weird as far as i know the ILL wires should power the buttons on front. If your navi goes to dark(night) mode then the lights should come on. Did you follow the instructions on this page or my instructions in the DIY section. It shows you how to wire everything 3 different ways. You may have to check all your wires to make sure they are connected properly.

Great post here,thanks to the guys who took the time to do this.I have a question.I have a 2005 outback.I added the navigation system,and everything works great, except the buttons on the nav system don't light up.When I turn the head lights on the screen gets darker,but the buttons don't light.Any suggestions?

Make sure your harness has both ILL and DIM wires. These are usually Orange (Dimmer) and Orange/White (Illumination). That to me sounds like you have ILL connected, and DIM disconnected.

• 3 weeks later...
you guys were right.i didn't have one of the wires grounded.All works now.Just in case this helps anyone else installing nav.on a pre 2006 year.My airbag light stayed on after the nav install because of the removal of the clock/pass airbag status light.If you look at the 2006 year and later Subaru's,the indicator is mounted in the overhead console.So I purchased an overhead console with the pass.srs indicators and moved the 2 srs wires to the overhead console.Now my passengers airbag status lights work,and the airbag light on the dash goes out.Its a pretty simple procedure,the hardest part is fishing the two wires thru the headliner.Hope this info can help someone else.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to drag up an old post, but I've recently bought a JDM BP 3.0R with jap only sat nav, and want to do the reverse - swap out the nav for the clock/trip computer. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like mine has the clock plug, but figure I should be able to do tap into the nav plug reversing as below;

I amalgamated all your wiring connections into a chart to make it a bit simpler for my befudled brain ;) If you could check I have understood your plans and it might help someone else too...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/hoojamyflip/Legacy%20Twinscroll/Sat%20Nav/fb723951.jpg

My only question is on the clock plug, pins 2 and 5 (G and Y) - Does anyone know where I can tap into these? I'm assuming they are canbus for the trip stuff? So would pins 6 and 14 off the nav plug be usable?

Any help/insights would be appreciated, thanks.

well first you need to find a wiring diagram for your JDM legacy and verify the wires and colors are the same. I'm sure they since most Subaru stuff is swappable. As for reverse re wireing as long as he wiring is correct colors and or pinouts then it should be straight forward. In the US specs cars the 2 and 5 pins can be tapped either from the canbus under the driver dash or behind the gauge cluster.

When I wired up my 05 to accept a plug and play oem navi I used several different ways. This is my info from my install of the clock harness

How to Wire Up using the Clock Connector:

1. Not Used

2. Not Used

3. To Pin 6 on Clock Connector

4. To Pin 6 on the OP Connector(There is other places to get it from just the OP is the quickest way)

5. To Pin 8 on the Clock Connector

6. To Pin 21 on i10 Gauge Cluster Connector

7. To Pin 2 on DVD Drive/ To Pin 9 on Clock Connector

8. To Pin 7 on DVD Drive/ To Pin 10 on Clock Connector

9. Not Used

10. Not Used

11. To Pin 8 on DVD Drive/ To Pin 1 on Clock Connector

12. To Pin 10 on DVD Drive/ To Pin 19 on i10 Gauge Cluster Connector

13. To Pin 9 on DVD Drive/ To Pin 6 on Clock Connector(This is for Navi screen while in motion HACK)[Enables all menus while moving]

14. To Pin 22 on i10 Gauge Cluster Connector

15. To Pin 6 on DVD Drive/ To Pin 6 on Clock Connector

16. To Pin 6 on Clock Connector

10 Pin Clock Connector(i59):

1. Violet

2. Green

3. Not Used

4. Not Used

5. Yellow

6. Black/Yellow

7. Not Used

8. Green/Black

9. Yellow/Red

10. Blue/Red

EDIT: My apologies for the little confusion here. I need to look back on my install for some reason I did not put info as to what wire is what.

Archived