LegacyGT.com

Connector locations (OEM NAV)

winnipegsubaru

Cheers guys :)

Had a quick look (xmas an all that jazz), but nothing really jumped out at me. Will have a bit more of a proper read through once fam's all gone home and things are back to usual day to day, lol.

well first you need to find a wiring diagram for your JDM legacy and verify the wires and colors are the same. I'm sure they since most Subaru stuff is swappable.

Colors listed all appear to be the same, so I'm assuming the JDM/North American looms match in the NAV/Clock area at least, thankfully!

the 2 and 5 pins can be tapped either from the canbus under the driver dash or behind the gauge cluster.

Magic! This is probably what I'm looking for more info on - any direction on how to get to these and/or what wires? Would I still be looking for both green and yellow, or? Sorry, certainly not a newbie when it comes to hacking into looms etc, but as this is the family wagon I don't really wanna be pulling the whole dash out and/or playing with wires for days on end if possible. Will have a google/explore, but yeah, anymore info on tapping these would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most of the wiring can be accessed without removing the whole dash. Since you dont have the green/yellow wires easy to get to from an existing clock it should be able to get from the navi or the back of the gauge cluster. If your worried about hacking wires. A lot of searching on tyco website you might be able to find the ability to do a plug and play harness.

Cheers. Already ordered a Tyco socket for the 20 and 16 pin Nav screen plugs (I'm gutting the factory nav casing and chucking in a Raspberry Pi powered CarPC, so hoping to make this plug and play), and a female and couple of male clock plugs (Plan to add a tail from the CarPC and (re?)locate the clock to the Ashtray). Just need those pesky green and yellow clock wires! lol. Will have a play once everything arrives and see what I can find :)

Gauge cluster pretty easy to get out, or?

Feel free to post up the part numbers for the connector shells and terminals. This information is almost impossible to find and it would be nice to start a database for users who want to build their own harnesses or repair the OEM one in the dash should someone have cut it up.

Feel free to post up the part numbers for the connector shells and terminals. This information is almost impossible to find and it would be nice to start a database for users who want to build their own harnesses or repair the OEM one in the dash should someone have cut it up.

Don't have a part number for the clock connector, but both male and female 10 Position 040 Connector plugs can be sourced here (minimum order of $20, else shipping gives ridiculous amounts).

According to this post on an aussie forum, the;

Looking up the Tyco 174147-2 on octopart, shows that the 16+20 (36) pin Tyco 174146-2 is a "related" part, so should hopefully (edit: But doesn't, so back to the drawing board) accept the 16 and 20 pin connectors (match what's in the back of the stock nav).

• 2 weeks later...
yes from my recollection those are the part numbers. I will have to find the info for the clock connector where I bought them from. I know it took a while because they shipped from out of the country. Only hard part of plug and play is finding a crimping tool to crimp the wires correctly since they are all different sizes.

Archived