LegacyGT.com

2005 Outback XT | Wheel Fitment Included

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im running a cnt catted downpipe and ebay catback. Had to get longer hanger and it fit the greatest but it sounds good and is fairly quite. I know the spt catback fits good and it pretty quite. Of course since you have an outback you either have to cutout some exhaust cutout on the rear bumper, get longer exhaust hangers, or for whatever exhaust you get just cut the tips off and run turn downs.

anybody have opinions on what exhausts sound good on our cars? i definitely want something relatively quiet and catted. let me know what you guys think!

I love my Invidia lol

but curious as to why you choose to run 225/35?

That size is a whole lot smaller than the standard OB tire size...

Looking great jstelll!

Just keep in mind, if you do end up removing those OB spacers in the rear you will loose all of your "natural" negative camber you have now, so be prepared to get the adjustable lateral links.

I also trimmed the metal fender itself and fitted the trimmed plastic flare over it, it certainly gives you more space, but it is not at all easy like some were saying. It does, however, give you the ability to fit offsets and widths that a lgt simply can not.

And to clarify, the metal fender underneath the OB flares is exactly the same as the lgt, just stamped with holes in it for the pop clips that fasten the plastic flares. The metal fenders are not wider at all.

As for exhaust, I would have a shop custom fab you something with mufflers of your choice, and just coat them black and run turndowns, stealth FTW.

thanks for all the info!

i didn't know that about losing camber by removing spacers. good thing you warned me. however, the only way i'll be able to remove body spacers is by getting either whiteline control arms, or legacy control arms, as i only have about 1/4" bumpstop clearance now with OB uca. if i end up going with the whiteline route, i could dial in camber properly. i don't run camber for looks, just to fit wheels.

thats what i thought about the fenders. i can't imagine way they'd fab two totally different fenders between the OB and Legacy. i remember someone posted specs on here a while ago.

I'm running a hogzaust now, thanks to ssbtech. i actually never heard about it beforehand. for now, the noise is fine. i just wanted some sound. i'm focussed entirely on suspension right now, so when the funds come together in the future i'll upgrade!

I'd like you to explain how you loose the negative camber by removing the spacers.....I have the spacers removed and as it s right now my rear LCA are straight! If the spacers where still there the LCA would be angled in the wrong direction (outter end higher than inner end of LCA) witch means that it would automatically pull the lower parts of the knuckle towards the center of the car therefore would cause less negative camber. Please let me know if I see this wrong!!! My conclusion is without the OB spacers you get more natural camber!

Looking great jstelll!

Just keep in mind, if you do end up removing those OB spacers in the rear you will loose all of your "natural" negative camber you have now, so be prepared to get the adjustable lateral links.

I also trimmed the metal fender itself and fitted the trimmed plastic flare over it, it certainly gives you more space, but it is not at all easy like some were saying. It does, however, give you the ability to fit offsets and widths that a lgt simply can not.

And to clarify, the metal fender underneath the OB flares is exactly the same as the lgt, just stamped with holes in it for the pop clips that fasten the plastic flares. The metal fenders are not wider at all.

As for exhaust, I would have a shop custom fab you something with mufflers of your choice, and just coat them black and run turndowns, stealth FTW.

Your thinking is on the right track, but you're not taking into account the upper arm (the one the bumpstop contacts). As you compress the suspension in the rear (with or without the spacers in) you get an exponential increase in negative camber throughout the range of motion. Removing the spacers "sucks" the subframe up closer to the chassis, and thus, moves all of the inner mounting points for all the links up, relative to each other, which does the same thing to the geometry as extending (drooping) the suspension.

When my OBXT was lowered with the spacers in, with hub-to-fender measurements around 13.25", I had -2.7 degrees of camber in the rear. I removed the spacers, changed nothing else, and it dropped down to about -1.2-1.4 or so. I ended up getting the WL rear links so I could run -2 out back.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1853/71665161987d4d3757f0b.jpg

Beautiful car, but too low for my taste. The nose of my Porsche Cayman is about 6 inches above the pavement and requires care when approaching sloped road surfaces, abrupt speed bumps or parking barriers. Your car looks even lower than that. Be careful and good luck.

I like my OB at regular height. It is easy to get into, doesn't drag the undercarriage and I can change the oil without putting it on a lift. The suspension is comfy compared to the jarring firmness of the Porsche. Aftermarket swaybars firmed up the OB's ride. I may do the Bilstein suspension mod or similar and let it go at that. To each his own.

Nice looking car you've got there.

• 2 weeks later...
quick before and after update. removed my rear wiper today, $1.36 process!

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7623/aaaphoto.jpg

sorry for the instagram quality!

Nice, thought about doing mine but I actually use it pretty frequently. Looks good!

Archived