LegacyGT.com

The Official: Fastest Legacy Thread (1/4 and 1/8)

This is a little old but better late than never :

Event: Hi-Tech Oils Race 4 Real Wednesday

Date: 5th September 2012

Ambient Temp: 30C (87F)

Elevation: 70m above sea level (230ft)

Weather: Clear sky

Car: 2004 Subary Liberty GT Auto

Tuner: Matt (throttlehappy) from KiDo Tuning

Track info: 1/4 mile drag strip: http://sydneydragway.com.au/

Transmission: 5EAT

Peak Horse Power at RPM: 258kw atw (346whp)

Peak Torque at RPM: 580nm

Fuel: E-flex (E71)

Engine/Power Modifications: Unopened EJ20Y Quad AVCS 2.0l turbo with 195,000kms (120,000 miles), Garrett 2871 turbo, fmic, id1000 injectors, 3" tbe with single cat, misc other bolt ons..

Driveline Modifications: None - completely stock 5eat

Suspension Modifications: BC coilovers, f and r swaybar, cusco bracing

Other Modifications:

Like Rome_Sti on here, my car has issues shifting 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd at wot on boost. This is due to running hks evc and thus not relying on ecu to control bpost, which means boost cant be tapered and thus boost at redline is too high for tcu conditions to allow tcu to shift.

The above engine combo has since been replaced with a new setup which I'm currently awaiting Rebuild of my 5eat to be able to retune properly and then run again. Aiming for 300 plus kw atw and thus hopefully low to mid 11's.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1713/bhtc.jpg

Mick

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

*EDIT*

Timing system malfunction, see this post:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4514389&postcount=183

:spin::spin::spin:

*EDIT*

Event: Tintmasters Street Legal Drags

Date: 07/20/2013

Ambient Temp: 72°F

Elevation: 928 ft

Weather: Fair, 29.97 inHg, 50% Rel. Humidity

Car: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon

Tuner: Ron Soliman, RS Motors in Burnsville, MN

Transmission: 5MT

Fuel: E85

Engine/Power Modifications: BNR Evo3 16g, AVO TMIC, Invidia UP, Cobb catted DP, DW 850 sidefeeds, DW 65c fuel pump, GS EBCS, Cobb APv2

Driveline Modifications: None, Stock clutch

Suspension Modifications: Whiteline 22mm RSB

Other Modifications: Removed spare, jack & trays, & floor mats. '04 STi BBS wheels with 225/45/17 Continental DW tires.

http://i.imgur.com/xXYIhgC.jpg

Edited by Turkeylord

Combo of tires, tire pressure and luck honestly. I had those two 1.5xx, one 1.6xx, and a bunch of 1.8xx 60 foot times.

Launch control at 4500, tires at 35 psi. I tried 30 psi - zero wheelspin, but the clutch slipped all the way through first. They were letting street tired cars line up in the groove for this event, that probably helped a bit too.

Shit.

I'm gonna need you to post up your quickest time in the right (spectator) lane for comparison. The timing lights in the left lane weren't working correctly during the time you made these runs.(the timers didnt start until the REAR wheels tripped the staging beams) We had to disallow many of the bike qualifying times due to this. We had many bikes that usually 60 foot in the mid/low 1.4s, have slips that showed mid 1.3s, and ETs that were 1.5 tenths quicker they had ever run.

Looks like my 12.765 is not a real time. :spin::spin::spin:

My best run in the other lane was a 13.098@104.98, still better than my best last year.

http://i.imgur.com/N1wss9o.jpg

Just came from the track. Did over 10 runs, but my best run was

R/T .409

60' 2.033

mph 82.52

My best 60' in another run was 1.9 at 13.9

What gives ? I have a bnr 18g and all the supporting mods and great tune. Launches weren't to shabby after a few tries. I find slipping the clutch at 4500 was best.

Kinda upset at my times. I was doing 13's already when I was stage two. I thought I'd be much better after so many mods .

Maybe my turbo isn't holding up well anymore ?

82mph? did you mistype that? when I ran around mid 13 I was right about 100 every time did you hit the brakes or something? maybe let off the gas

I'll be going in a few weeks with my 18g. hoping for mid 12.

I'm a rookie too, so hopefully someone will confirm what I'm seeing...

Seems to me like you're short-shifting a bit and being real gentle on the shifts - rolling in and out of the throttle, easy off-on the clutch...

I mash the pedals and bang the shifter as fast as my brain will coordinate the effort. Shift faster and you'll spend more time putting power to the ground and less time changing gears. You'll also not dip so deep into vaccum.

What sort of dyno numbers are you seeing for 13.1?

Mick

Sadly, I didn't get a number on the Mustang it was tuned on due to an error by my tuner...

This is the best I have at the moment

Cobb Stage 2 vs Infamous Stage 3 (gas) vs RS Motors Stage 3 (e85)

http://i.imgur.com/ORQAcpJ.jpg

Nice. At 300whp on e85 with the torque available down low, that should do a high 12 say 12.7/12.8 @ 105-10mph

Get your launch and shifts right and it should go there :)

Mick

Trapping 110 would take another ~45 HP or dropping a bunch of weight. A 12.9@106 should be doable with some cold air. Stock clutch is the weak point for harder launches now.