LegacyGT.com

Poll: WR Blue for the '05 Legacy

Do you think Subaru should have made WR Blue a color option of the '05 Legacy?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Subaru should have made WR Blue a color option of the '05 Legacy?

Of course, I vote Yes, but let's not dream too much about this for now. We get World Rallye Blue if and when we get a STI version of the Legacy in NA. You can always buy a white car and have it repainted in WRB :twisted:

[quote name='BernardP']Of course, I vote Yes, but let's not dream too much about this for now. We get World Rallye Blue if and when we get a STI version of the Legacy in NA. You can always buy a white car and have it repainted in WRB :twisted:[/quote] Not that I'd do it, but what would the costs be to have the car professionally painted WR Blue? I think the Legacy would look amazing with WR Blue, tinted windows, stock spoiler, maybe beefer wheels/tires - not going for a "ricer" look, but more of a German look, (Edit: like a Audi S4). - Mike

Guest *Jedimaster*
I saw that dark gray on an STi at my dealer and I have to say that ANY car would look awesome in that color. WRB, however, does not suit the Legacy, IMHO.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Yeah, something like that- my dealer called it Crystal Gray something or other- I was more concerned with the fact that he kept bumming smokes off of me :lol:

I fully agree there agctr. It is an icon and should have the recognizability as one. It's a different thing than the tell-tale signs of the WRX STi wing and bonnet, but rather richer colors. Give it the option of perhaps 3-4 colors (WRB, that cool gunmetal color, and 2 other premium looks) like has been done with the STi models of yesteryear, but with the premium look/feel.

At the end of the day, it would just help to retain and maintain the STi branding. It would be like the normal Subaru logo being made the same colour as STi, it just wouldnt fit in with the current corporate branding and image. This should also apply to the paint colours of the cars. They should be kept seperate. Sube, I have to agree with yr other colour choices as well.

[quote name='SUBE555'] Give it the option of perhaps 3-4 colors (WRB, that cool gunmetal color, and 2 other premium looks) like has been done with the STi models of yesteryear, but with the premium look/feel.[/quote] I agree, in addition to the body kit, limited edition colors is the ticket. World Rally Blue San Remo Red non-metallic Brilliant Silver Chrystal Grey Black Obsidian non-metallic Red, blue, or silver alcantara and leather trim accents inside. I kind of like the blacked out lower trunk look of the JDM STi concept. Maybe extend the blackout over the roof, between the windsheild and the back window, between the rain rails. Possibly the hood scoop insert as well.

As per interior trims, KISS, a black/dark grey alcantara or whatever should work well. The more options you add, the more complex things are. Subaru doesn't do that. They like the KISS method.

[quote name='SUBE555']As per interior trims, KISS, a black/dark grey alcantara or whatever should work well. The more options you add, the more complex things are. Subaru doesn't do that. They like the KISS method.[/quote] I know, but I just couldn't make up my mind. Blue alcantara would look great in a WR Blue car, but not so hot on a San Remo red car. Red would look great in pretty much all the other colors, but might be too much. silver would look good in pretty much all of them, as well. just charcoal would of course be the standard, but I was wanting a little more flair. It would be an STi, after all.

Archived