LegacyGT.com

Say hello to 2012 OTS maps!!!

wsacLGT

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm jealous lol just bought my 2012 in march and I have the invidia exhaust ready for stage 2 but i have no base map from cobb. I noticed from your post that they hooked it up for you. I was just wondering how I could get a map because right now I'm stuck. I have the cobb tuner but no map. Anyway thank you for your post and I'd appreciate any help you could provide. I just want to zoom zoom baby lol 801-759-7067

I'm jealous lol just bought my 2012 in march and I have the invidia exhaust ready for stage 2 but i have no base map from cobb. I noticed from your post that they hooked it up for you. I was just wondering how I could get a map because right now I'm stuck. I have the cobb tuner but no map. Anyway thank you for your post and I'd appreciate any help you could provide. I just want to zoom zoom baby lol 801-759-7067

Protune or e-tune are your options.

custom tune... have them put it on your AP..... or wait till they release them sometime this month or early next. Cobb basically custom tuned his but used the ROM info off his to develop basic download maps for all of us who are waiting VERY patiently. :)

custom tune... have them put it on your AP..... or wait till they release them sometime this month or early next. Cobb basically custom tuned his but used the ROM info off his to develop basic download maps for all of us who are waiting VERY patiently. :)

I think I read that Cobb wasn't releasing stage 2 ots maps for the 2012s. You might as well get pro or e tuned.

Yeah..my patience has run out. Pro tune appointment 6/1 ;) I'll be able to get something made to take advantage of my CBE and anything else I have at the time.

Thank you all for your input. I hope that Cobb releases a stage one base map soon so Shamar can build me a stage 2 map. It sucks to have spent thousands of dollars to get stage 2 ready and have the Cobb tuner in hand that at this point is nothing but a severely overpriced code reader lol. Thanks again everyone.

Yes, looks like the maps are there. From the release notes:

"USDM 2012 Legacy GT (MT)"

Anti-Theft Mode MTv310.ptm

Economy Mode MTv310.ptm

Stage1 91 MTv310.ptm

Stage1 93 MTv310.ptm

Stage1 ACN91 MTv310.ptm

Valet Mode MTv310.ptm

Thanks! So just buy the 2011 Legacy GT AccessPort and these will be available also through the device itself (once updated through its software somehow)?

Yes. If the maps don't come preloaded on the AP, you would just plug it in to the computer and use the Cobb software to update it.

Updated to the new firmware last night!!! Zoom zoom baby!!! First and second gear are opened up now and its a lot funner to drive. Cant wait to etune it to stage 2, but in the mean time the car is a lot funner to drive now :+)

Updated to the new firmware last night!!! Zoom zoom baby!!! First and second gear are opened up now and its a lot funner to drive. Cant wait to etune it to stage 2, but in the mean time the car is a lot funner to drive now :+)

Does the throttle response seem a bit off to you? I'm having a tough time with rev matched down shifts now.

You would think that the 2011 maps would be compatible with the 2012 model; I guess not. I'll wait till the Stage 2 maps are available and any bugs worked out of the current Stage 1 settings. This is definitely great news.

I wonder if the next GT (2014, perhaps) will use the direct injection 2.0T (just announced). Out the box, that thing is ringing in to close to 300 on HP and on torque.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/05/2013-subaru-legacy-gets-296-hp-turbocharged-4-cylinder.html

As far as I know Cobb will not be releasing Stage 2 maps for the 2012 GT. If u want one you will have to get it built for you either via pro tuning at a shop or etuning. I am going to have Shamar at Infamous build me one. Also the Legacy GT has been discontinued. 2012 Will be the last year that Suburu makes the GT. :+(

Does the throttle response seem a bit off to you? I'm having a tough time with rev matched down shifts now.

Can you elaborate on your experience with the throttle response since flashing to Stage 1? I figured that the AccessPort would be a slam-dunk for me as soon as they made 2012 maps available, but this has me waiting now.

Have you tried flashing back to stock and double checking the throttle response without the flash?

Can you elaborate on your experience with the throttle response since flashing to Stage 1? I figured that the AccessPort would be a slam-dunk for me as soon as they made 2012 maps available, but this has me waiting now.

Have you tried flashing back to stock and double checking the throttle response without the flash?

Basically it feels like the first 1/4 to 1/2 an inch of my gas pedal doesn't do anything. This shouldn't be a deal breaker for you; it's definitely a slam-dunk upgrade. I think it's just going to take some time to get used to it. Just like if you were to drive a different manual trans car. I haven't bothered going back to stock. To me it was a very obvious change so I know the OTS map caused it.

^he is running the 91 map on 93 octane.. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it, but islandborn seems to be "re-learning" the car as well..

Yeah, I'm running the 91 map with 93. I'm going to try the 93 map within a couple days. I'm somewhat doubtful it's going to make a difference since in theory only timing adjustments between the two maps should be different. We'll see. I'll certainly post my findings here either way.

Archived