LegacyGT.com

time to replace my struts!:/

Alright I've milked my rear struts for as long as I possibly can! They're officially considered unsafe lol. Anybody know of a good website where I cam order a cheap but still decent set of loaded rear struts?

It may take longer than a few hours but I just know it didn't take extremely long and saved a lot of money. I didn't do anything with compressing the springs and such. A family friend who works at a shop did that for me. But taking them in and out was pretty easy. The hardest part to me was taking apart and putting together the interior again lol

I just did mine about a month ago - and I had NEVER done them before. Between figuring out what I was doing, and actually doing it, it only took me a total of 2-3 hours to do all four with a friend... and a lot of that was because of stupidity like not disconnecting the sway bar, or fighting for 20 minutes to get the three bolts lined up at the top, lol.

(This was with four already assembled struts that I'd put together previously. Doing that stuff adds several hours to the job...)

I need to do this too. I have 178K on my car and my struts are tired and i hear clunking in the pass side rear when turning left especially after filling up with gas. Gonna try struts first cus i know she could use them LOL

Im hoping to find a set of struts/springs/tophats etc so i can just swap them out. Trying to do this on the cheap. Still searching.

I agree the hardest part would be compressing the springs and swapping them onto the new struts. Thats why i wan a complete set

You can "rent" a spring compressor from autozone. I think it is a $50 deposit that you get back when you return the tool. I have done this a few times and it is not hard. Make sure you get an alignment when you finish.

Archived