LegacyGT.com

SPT vs. K&N

IceBerge12

Stay stock - until you get well into Stage 3 your mod money is best spent elsewhere. This is well documented here. Also avoid the SPT at all cost - it's also been documented to be a poor design.

If you must get one both the AVO and Cobb look quality (tune required), and the KSTech mentioned above is a good option if you have outgrown your MAF scaling capabilities with a serious build and need a larger one.

stay stock - until you get well into stage 3 your mod money is best spent elsewhere. This is well documented here. Also avoid the spt at all cost - it's also been documented to be a poor design.

+1

FWIW my stock intake is fine with my 20g/td06 turbo. as the tuner increased the boost little by little the maf still detected more and more grams/sec of air so the intake and stock filter was keeping up with the demand. i sit right now at 21psi with stock intake :)

Stay stock - until you get well into Stage 3 your mod money is best spent elsewhere. This is well documented here. Also avoid the SPT at all cost - it's also been documented to be a poor design.

I have a feeling this forum is going to save & cost me a lot of money at the same time... :) Can you provide some links to the bold stuff? I search religiously, but it's difficult to find a thread by searching "best bang-for-your-buck power mods".

Tits mcgee

links aren't needed. experience is proof. experience says that the stock intake supplies enough flow for up to a 20g sized turbo. if you do decided to get an intake, the only thing you will gain is a whoosh sound and a horrific afr while full throttle (aka bad) unless you're open source tuned for the increased flow

neeeext

links aren't needed. experience is proof. experience says that the stock intake supplies enough flow for up to a 20g sized turbo. if you do decided to get an intake, the only thing you will gain is a whoosh sound and a horrific afr while full throttle (aka bad) unless you're open source tuned for the increased flow...neeeext

Agreed. However, the question still stands; the link request was for suggestions on the "elsewheres" on which to spend the money.

Tits mcgee

Sounds like the best place to start would be a up and/or down pipe, then tune it to Stage 2?

I am looking for a little more turbo noise but I've also seen that can come from opening up the exhaust with the pipes.

Sounds like the best place to start would be a up and/or down pipe, then tune it to Stage 2?

I am looking for a little more turbo noise but I've also seen that can come from opening up the exhaust with the pipes.

You got it. You'll get more turbo noise with both a catless UP and a high flow catted DP.

If you want more turbo noise, get an AVO or K&N panel filter.

Cheers!

Archived