LegacyGT.com

log and tune questions

torinalth

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better to log all three, ks, fbkc, flkc. And I'll explain why.

If you are doing a big log, and accumulate some learned knock, the ecu will subtract that timing now, right? BUT now you're in the same range, the knock is learned, the ecu subtracts it, but you get another knock, this time fbkc.

So you're subtracting both flkc AND fbkc, but knock sum is only incremented by 1.

If i gave you a snip of that log, at first you'd only see one knock event. Without knowing what happened prior to this snip of the log (you would need the lv) or the entire log... Or my ignition table AND dynamic advance table to get the full and correct picture.

• Mega Users

True. It makes less difference now, but I started doing it this way before there was a fastpolling option. I wanted as much resolution as I could get, so I did a LV prior to a log, then only logged KS. That way, I know that there is no learned knock before the run and I have the whole log.

You make a good point though. It's only useful if you know there is no learned knock before hand and can monitor all of the knock after a LV.

Yeah, i understand. Before fp, getting a logging interval of 250ms was excellent with 7 parameters. Now i log 18 with an internal of 100ms. I'm a big advocate of fp, even with the glitch of an occasional vale being off and minor rpm inconsistencies.

• Mega Users
Interesting. I don't think I ever noticed that before. I have an occasional rpm dip, but it is real and related to the torque converter lockup. I never notice rpm going down even on a single line during a pull. Strange...

Archived