LegacyGT.com

Gasoline Brands

f85stealth

I always use Shell - besides I get a nice .10 cent discount using my Kroger points, doesn't add up to a lot but its a perk!

Good to know they offer this in other areas of the country. .10/gallon on a whole tank is nothing to sneeze at. I've been using Shell a lot more lately for the same reason. There's even a station near me that does supreme for premium prices every Monday. Yes, you can still get the .10 Kroger (QFC here) discount on top of that. However, I've found if I drive a bit further (4 - 5 miles South on the 405) there's a Shell station that sells supreme for even less than the sale price at the other place.

How about any gas for under 2$ a gallon again?

If you think you'll see this again in your lifetime, you're dreamin'.

I've heard it said that we've used up the gift of easy to reach oil. The half that was just waiting there for us to suck it up out of big pools, the rest is going to be harder (and more expensive) to squeeze out of the earth and process. That's what cracks me up about the whole gas price political debates. Get used to expensive gas people!

I only run Sunoco 93. I went to WBM 2 years ago and had to fill up with Texaco 93 in MA since there was no Sunoco, and the drive home, the car felt different, less power, was knocking. Once it ran through I put Sunoco back in it and the car felt perfect again. I only use Sunoco.

Used to use either Mobil/Exxon, Sunoco or Shell. Switched over to Shell only some time ago and it does seem to be a little smoother in part throttle driving. Could be me, could be Shell. Plus the mileage seems to have stabilized where before I could gain or lose 2-3MPG somewhat easily.

I used ARCO AM/PM gas religiously. I loved how cheap it was. I was informed by my tuner "Guru" that i'ts the worst gas to use in the world. He stated that ARCO uses one line in there refineries to pump all three grades of gasoline. I was like cool, a little 87 mixed in will just make more power, because 87 will burn with more energy!. Well today at Infamous my car shows #2 and #4 pistons are toast. Awesome, my car is a two cylinder now! Fuel economy here I come! On a more serious note.. My engine is toast! Rebuild is in my future. My friend filled up with ARCO just before his drag race event. Now he's getting a rebuild too. Be careful what you put in your car. No more what's convenient and cheap.....

Hahaha....after Mobil posted record earnings in the last quarter I stopped purchasing their products!!!! They keep hanging the consumer out to dry while they get fat. Screw Mobil!!

Sunoco and BP for the 93 octane for me!

Hahaha....after Mobil posted record earnings in the last quarter I stopped purchasing their products!!!! They keep hanging the consumer out to dry while they get fat. Screw Mobil!!

Sunoco and BP for the 93 octane for me!

Almost all oil companies are posting record profits ....

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

I use Sunoco 95% of the time in all my gas power products.

I'll use Shell as my 2nd choice, sometime Gulf if I'm in that area. The big Sunoco dealer in the area has a card that gives you 5 cents a gallon after so many gallons. There are plenty of there stations around so it's pretty easy. They have some Mobil stations too. They also except the Big Y coins for 5 cents or 20 cents off a gallon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I refuse to use anything but Shell fuel. I plan fill ups according to the closest Shell. Conoco company's offer 94 octaine which is great but I get the best fuel economy with super (mid grade) from Shell. I have talked to lots of people about this topic an it seems to me everyone has their own opinion's.

I filled up at a valero in an emergency gas situation (just three gallons) and got 3-4mpg less.. along with my car ******* stinking. Ugh. I apologized multiple times

round here shell is the highest octane you can get at 92 octane vpower or whatever they call it, alot of people have said they get worse gas mileage from it.. i usually use that, cenex or tesoro gas

round here shell is the highest octane you can get at 92 octane vpower or whatever they call it, alot of people have said they get worse gas mileage from it.. i usually use that, cenex or tesoro gas

I wonder why? How come you have to settle with 92 and we here in Texas gets 93? Makes no sense.....:spin:

I wonder why? How come you have to settle with 92 and we here in Texas gets 93? Makes no sense.....:spin:

yeah it would be interesting to find out, some states have 96 octane available too dont they?

wow lot of you guys use shell which i think is the worst name brand gas out there. it might just be here in so. cali but every time i put shell the car seems like it doesnt want to move. ill go an extra mile for other gas like 76, mobil or cheveron.

Archived